Why become a member? ×

My lot

BigBeatNut

[quote name='EdwardHimself' post='6562' date='May 25 2007, 03:14 PM']i was looking at one of them lakland semis on 'tinternet b4 actually, they seem nice.[/quote]
It's very nice to play. It's actually completely hollow, which makes it a bit different to most basses that are described as 'semi'.

[quote name='BigBeatNut' post='6582' date='May 25 2007, 03:39 PM']It's very nice to play. It's actually completely hollow, which makes it a bit different to most basses that are described as 'semi'.[/quote]

ah i see, well i have a pic of a sunburst 1 as my desktop right now, u might be intrested in knowing.

[quote name='BigRedX' post='7173' date='May 26 2007, 04:01 PM']Is the Lakland HB a lined fretless or are thos just very skinny frets?[/quote]
It's a lined fretless .... which was very disorientating after playing unlined for a couple of years :) (the dots are in the wrong place, too, compared to unlined).

Ta. I'm sort of GASing for a semi with a vintage vibe and that Lakland pretty much hits all the right points for me. Up to now all the semi Laklands I'd seen had been fretted so it's good to see that there are some out there. Where did you get it from?

Of course I also like the look of the DeArmond Starfire too - is that an original or one of the re-issues?

I bought the Lakland HB here ... well, on bassworld actually. I don't think there are that many fretless ones in the country. (Based on what I've seen on forums and on ebay).

The DA Starfire is one of those made in late 90's/early 00's. Not sure if they made DA SF's in the 60's/70's so it's debatable if it's a 'reissue' :)

Nice collection, particularly the lakland and Starfire, if the Starfire is ever totally neglected and needs a new home drop me a line, this will be followed very quickly by a call to Fred for a set of Darkstars

[quote name='steve-norris' post='9062' date='May 30 2007, 11:17 AM']Nice collection, particularly the lakland and Starfire, if the Starfire is ever totally neglected and needs a new home drop me a line, this will be followed very quickly by a call to Fred for a set of Darkstars[/quote]
I may drop a pair of Darkstars in there myself :) That was the plan a year or so ago, but I got side-tracked with other basses.

[quote name='BigBeatNut' post='9433' date='May 30 2007, 08:12 PM']I may drop a pair of Darkstars in there myself :) That was the plan a year or so ago, but I got side-tracked with other basses.[/quote]

DO IT! as far as i know it is a drop in job, trust me you wont regret it and fred is great to deal with, the only downside is the wait but it's well worth it.