Why become a member? ×

Equipment insurance with Public liability

dabootsy

Hi all i have been looking into insuring my gear and also getting public liability insurance with it, as we now live in a blame society. I have come across Musicguard, has anyone had any dealings with them or does anyone know ofany good companies that offer this service

Cheers

[quote name='dabootsy' post='707740' date='Jan 10 2010, 03:06 PM']I have thought about this but the MU is about 3 times more expensive than my musicguard quote[/quote]

MU gives you £2k unspecified, so if anything goes up to that value it's covered... also get free legal advice, medical with BAPAM etc...
That's what I have now, but I got the student rate membership..
I had Musicguard the year before and nothing went wrong, but since I never had to claim I can't really recommend them!

I'd read the small print of any PLI additions on these things as many of them provide cover for the individual only, not the band that they're a member of. I imagine this could lead to complications if a compensation demand was made against the band as a whole (which I suspect it would be in most cases). We took separate band-specific PLI to cover all possibilities.