Why become a member? ×

The Divorce 5string

phil_the_bassist

So, after moving out and keeping me hanging on the thread of hope that is a Long Distance Relationship, on wednesday she decided to dump me over the phone, whilst on the train to Paris to go partying for the weekend with her Business Exec friend.

So, I'm selling the bass I built up for her to learn on which, as with all of these situations, she never really bothered to do.

I've not got any photos, as I'm getting the bass back next weds when she gives me back all my stuff, but I'll post 'em as soon as.

The Bass:

It's a Vintage (brand, not age) 5string, natural bubinga body, rosewood neck, PJ pups (from memory).

The Tuners, knobs, bridge and strap buttons have been replaced with pimpin' gold hardware, and it looks the mutts nuts.

I've angled the tuners to about 45deg (so they're sloped back in a Warwick stylee) and it's set up to be a good beginners bass with med action, easy neck, small body and good balance.

It's very similar to a vintage v940, but a 5string. It's in good condition, with a few bumps but nothing untoward.

£100ono collected?

:) Wayne, you've got a very eloquent and concise way of putting things! Admittedly, they money will go towards all the things she banned me from doing, so it'll be put towards Phils Motorbike/Whisky/Hookers/Weed fund, so then I'll not have to have it sat in the corner reminding me of her, AAAAND someone else will get the pleasure and use that this bass deserves!

At least she's letting you have it back - and all of it .... :)

Sorry to hear that mate. Write some nice happy songs about freedom, doing the stuff you want to do, having dinner in a fancy restaurant, seeing whomever you choose etc .
Oh, hang on

[quote name='phil_the_bassist' post='704840' date='Jan 7 2010, 09:49 PM']:) Wayne, you've got a very eloquent and concise way of putting things! Admittedly, they money will go towards all the things she banned me from doing, so it'll be put towards Phils Motorbike/Whisky/Hookers/Weed fund, so then I'll not have to have it sat in the corner reminding me of her, AAAAND someone else will get the pleasure and use that this bass deserves![/quote]

Don't worry about the motorbike and whisky..........................................And the weed.

And get a dirty hooker like this one.

Edited by waynepunkdude

[quote name='OldGit' post='704882' date='Jan 7 2010, 10:20 PM']At least she's letting you have it back - and all of it .... :)

Sorry to hear that mate. Write some nice happy songs about freedom, doing the stuff you want to do, having dinner in a fancy restaurant, seeing whomever you choose etc .
Oh, hang on
[/quote]

cheers OG, why don'tcha just twist that knife a liiiiitle bit more :rolleyes:

all things have a purpose dont worry life is a biatch. have you ever thought that this separation saved you from an ugly future? a and as we speak maybe you find someome that really gives you freedom and fully commitment.

Edited by KERMITNT

[quote name='phil_the_bassist' post='704934' date='Jan 7 2010, 10:52 PM']Thankyou buddy, it's just a right kick in the bellhops :rolleyes: At least she knocked it on the head before the relationship started to go downhill...means I've got 3-and-a-bit years of crackin memories to take away from this :lol:

Probably means I'm gonna miss her more tho... :)[/quote]

Don't look back mate, it's a ride ups and downs you don't appreciate the ups if you don't have the downs.

Anyway back to the bass, I saw one of these for £350 in a shop in Cornwall, this is a bargain.

sunday morning waking-up-alone-and-cold-knowing-she's-been-up-all-night-partying-in-paris-doing-god-knows-what-to-god-knows-who-at-god-knows-where-for-god-knows-how-long-with-not-a-thought-or-care-for-me-and-what-the-hell-was-that-ranting-txt-all-about-?-!-trying-to-blame-ME-for-this-and-telling-me-how-much-it-hurt-HER-to-leave-?-!-!-?-?-what-the-hell-does-she-think-she's-doing-,-jerking-me-around-and-trying-to-ease-her-guilty-conscience-by-making-everything-MY-fault-,-eh-?-I've-done-nothing-but-love-her-and-she-goes-on-and-does-THIS-?-!-?-?-? bump

> knowing-she's-been-up-all-night-partying-in-paris-doing-god-knows-what-to-god-knows-who-at-god-knows-where-for-god-knows-how-long-with-not-a-thought-or-care-for-me

Yeah, that's the typical reaction of a girl who really takes care of you feeling

> trying-to-blame-ME-for-this-and-telling-me-how-much-it-hurt-HER-to-leave-?-!-!-?-?-

That's much easier this way

> what-the-hell-does-she-think-she's-doing-,-jerking-me-around-and-trying-to-ease-her-guilty-conscience-by-making-everything-MY-fault-,-eh-?-I've-done-nothing-but-love-her-and-she-goes-on-and-does-THIS-?-!-?-?-? bump

Are you sure you want to have hurt feelings and to miss someone who behaves like this ?

Sorry to seem blunt, but I would be more than happy to have nothing more to share with a women who acts like this.

If you don't need the money, chop the bass slowly, it will help you to feel better.

Sorry for the nonsense, but I've been through similar situations.

Bump for the bass anyway :)

Edited by ialma

get your stuff back in one bit, sell the bass and keep the coin. If she f***** you over, F*** her right back. You might not want to hear that right now, but you know it's the truth.

be thankful it's not like what happened to me a few years back. I was out on the road as a tech and mine went QT on me for a week and the told me she'd 'kissed' someone and that it was over. When I got back she had a new fella; been running him behind my back.

feel better? :) :rolleyes:

Stay with it mate, it'll be ok. Playing bass is very therapeutic. Take care.

Stacker.

PS: my one blamed me, too. And I hadn't been around for months! Learn to spot this type of dame before you get involved again, for they'll just move onto someone else when they fancy a change. Life is too short for that kind of sh*t

Edited by Stacker

[quote name='phil_the_bassist' post='704896' date='Jan 7 2010, 10:32 PM']cheers OG, why don'tcha just twist that knife a liiiiitle bit more :)[/quote]

MB1. :rolleyes:
...Nothing Compares to you?
...The Version by Prince/Rosie Gaines is far Superior!!(Prince wrote it!)....Sorry!...I'll get me coat!

BUMP!

Edited by MB1

[quote name='MB1' post='708215' date='Jan 10 2010, 09:26 PM']MB1. :)
...Nothing Compares to you?
...The Version by Prince/Rosie Gaines is far Superior!!(Prince wrote it!)....Sorry!...I'll get me coat!

BUMP![/quote]

Doesn't have the pathos of skinhead's though. That video haunts me from a similar experience