Why become a member? ×

OLP Musicman 2 - sold

Chris1127

Not really in the local area, so will watch from the side lines for a bit. Will you be posting pics?

Paul B

[quote name='Chris1127' post='704446' date='Jan 7 2010, 05:07 PM']Black MM2 4 stringer for sale - rosewood fingerboard, black headstock and lovely mother of pearl scratchplate (!). I've swapped the OLP humbucker for a Wilkinson one and swapped the second volume pot for a 3 way rotary switch to switch between bridge sc, parallel humbucker and series humbucker so now just has a master volume and tone. The neck on it is a beauty - plays great and really light and well balanced. One small ding on the body but otherwise great condition. £130 will chuck in a sheet of black 3 ply scratchplate plastic too if you don't like mother of pearl! Pref collect from Devon. Selling through lack of use - the more basses I play/buy the more I love my jap ATK!!![/quote]

will try to post some pics in a bit - i posted some in a "wanted" thread end of last year but can't find them now.
There's no case with it, and I only have a card box from a guitar at the moment so I'd get some more and some bubblewrap to box it up as best I could for a forward collection but would be at buyers risk - I'm not sure if couriers insure guitars not in a case?

Have you got a knob for the switch yet?
Will see if you get any local interest first, but ill be in the frame if you get packaging sourced.

[quote name='Chris1127' post='704539' date='Jan 7 2010, 06:10 PM']the pics are in this thread here - sorry not sure how to just paste the images here!! [url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=68359&st=0&p=678650&#entry678650"]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=...mp;#entry678650[/url][/quote]

yep I drilled out the centre of the original gnurled one and it's a good fit on the switch now so all 3 match. Also just touched up the chip with a black marker just to make it less obvious. Also soldered in new 500k pots from Mansons to replace the cheap ones it was shipped with. The other option for posting i guess is unbolting the neck? Would make it easier/safer and could wrap it well

• 5 months later...