Why become a member? ×

Fender 50th Anniversary Precision

ade

I'm sadly selling my mint condition USA Fender 50th Anniversary Precision finished in Butterscotch. It has a swampash body, maple neck and unusually for Fender, a separate Maple fingerboard, offering a comfortable modern profile and feel. Frets are medium. The bass comes with a tweed case, certificates, tags, truss rod adjuster, lead and strap. This is certainly the best P bass I've owned and has superb punch and sustain. Looking for £850 ono. You won't be disappointed, it deserves a good home!

Edited by ade

[quote name='AndyTravis' post='701983' date='Jan 5 2010, 07:02 PM']Nice! Is the pickguard black anodized?
Also, is there any fancy decal or badge denoting it's 'special edition' status?
Is the neck just tinted or is it lacquered?

Hmmm, much ponderment.[/quote]

The Pickguard is matt black single ply. the '50th Anniversary' is quoted on the neckplate and the neck is lacquered in a rich gloss, typical of the time, although the bass is actually a modern P bass in all other terms (e.g. through stringing etc.)

[quote name='AndyTravis' post='703938' date='Jan 7 2010, 11:12 AM']ade, im waiting on vintage and rare getting back to me on a usa vintage precision they have, but yours is a huge distraction!
May well be in touch. Soon.[/quote]

I too was looking for a vintage P bass, and had one on hold until I tried a 50th anniversary model. I now own the 50th anniversary as it played and sounded so much better.
Just my opinion of course Andy, wouldn't want to try and influence you or anything! :)