Why become a member? ×

Bass going through the pa

jezzaboy

[quote name='jezzaboy' post='702054' date='Jan 5 2010, 08:09 PM']Right, after reading all the views and having a think about it, here is the plan.....

I`m gonna keep my Eden and have ordered one of these:
[attachment=39423:90ad_35.jpg]

When it comes I will just watch the volume and stick on my long lead and see how it sounds. After I thought about it, why should I mess around just to suit the singer and guitarist. They will still moan anyway!

Cheers, Jez[/quote]

Does that angle back so you can point the speakers at your head?

i got the same thing...too loud..
someone said if you cant hear yourself you are just right..pish!!

i tried going through the pa and got muddied up with the synth...

they took me off it...so i just continued via my combo...

i do try to listen to the overall effect...but i think the problem converseley is that further away the bass becomes a sound and a vibration which is felt...sort of reinforced

getting a sound check is worth it since as a hall fills up you think you disappear...but you dont..

if i am listening to a band... i go to the back and then tell the bass how they sound..whatever..and no patronising stuff

[quote name='jezzaboy' post='702105' date='Jan 5 2010, 08:51 PM']Ah good point. Dont think it does but I`ve ordered it noo!

Jez :)[/quote]
yes you can point it at your heed, the top bits angle it at your head if you attatch them "the other way round"..... difficult to explain.....well, you'll see what I mean when you get it!