Why become a member? ×

Behringer Ultrabass BXR1800H

Mog

Hi all. I was thinking about picking up a Behringer Ultrabass BXR1800H head for the gigs we play in "less than pleasant" environments. The band I'm in usually play a few shows in marquees each year at MC rallies, Barn Bashs' etc. These shows can get pretty messy and its not uncommon for gear to end up in a pool of beer in wee small hours. Have any of you tried this model? I know Behringer aren't reknowned for reliability but the price is pretty cheap for 180 watts and it really wont be over used. Any thoughts?

I know they get a lot of grief on here but, having stocked a handful when I had my guitar shop a couple of years ago I thought they were great for the money. They don't have a reputation for longevity, but for what you propose I would have thought one would be the ideal candidate.

Cheers Mykesbass. The Behringer/Bugera brand seems to be the "hate figure" at the moment but any I've come across seem to be ok. The Bugera heads really impressed me. Our guitarist uses a 6260 and always gets positive feedback from people regarding the tone. When we record he teams it up with a JCM800 and gets a killer N.O.L.A. sound.

• 5 years later...