Why become a member? ×

Big Pedal Sale

gnasher1993

[quote name='Matty' post='699949' date='Jan 3 2010, 08:37 PM']Is the superfuzz based on an older fuzz?
Or is it its own sound?[/quote]

It's based on the Jordan Bosstone. From the manufacturer:

[i]The rare Jordan Electronics Bosstone (circa 1968) is considered by many to be the ultimate vintage fuzz. The Voodoo Lab Superfuzz® starts with this classic fuzz design and adds unique tone and resonance circuits to create an amazing new array of fuzz tones.
The tone control delivers a wide spectrum of midrange and bass timbres, everything from an extreme gain scooped tone through a raucous, bluesy, prominent mid voicing. The resonance control is a sub-harmonic booster that lets you add an aggressive bottom end not typically found on fuzz pedals. Attack varies the gain from rich and creamy to outrageous.[/i]

[quote name='Kev' post='700051' date='Jan 3 2010, 10:22 PM']is that comp actually usable with bass? The cs-3 of course isn't, but iv never used a cs-1...[/quote]

It's usable, yes, but it isn't your average compressor. It's more of an attack equalizer, gives you a really cool swell. Kind of like a subtle Slow Gear. If you're looking for a transparent compressor, it's not for you. It is a cool effect though.

Shotgun LPB-1. Open to trades?

Oh, and the compressor - Very, very nice. Not subtle, I tried one out in denmark st a couple of years ago for £139...

EDIT AGAIN: Sorry, been a long day. Didn't notice you said you were open to trades... PM me for details.

Edited by Andy Blowers

[quote name='umph' post='700956' date='Jan 4 2010, 08:54 PM']ey up what would you say the octron was like soundwise?[/quote]

You can vary the octave sound quite a bit using the internal trimmers but it's quite a natural, organic octaver. Not your synthy OC-2 type octave down. It does a really good oct-up fuzz as well (level adjusted by another trimpot).

It tracks cleanly down to my A string (G on the E string on my jazz w/ flats). It's a really versatile pedal and you can dial in a really nice sounding octave if you play around with the trimmers inside.

[quote name='gnasher1993' post='700972' date='Jan 4 2010, 09:06 PM']You can vary the octave sound quite a bit using the internal trimmers but it's quite a natural, organic octaver. Not your synthy OC-2 type octave down. It does a really good oct-up fuzz as well (level adjusted by another trimpot).

It tracks cleanly down to my A string (G on the E string on my jazz w/ flats). It's a really versatile pedal and you can dial in a really nice sounding octave if you play around with the trimmers inside.[/quote]
nice, i'd really like to give it a whirl before i bought it though, i'm assuming it does clean octave up to?

no the octave up isnt clean, but then again for a truly clean octave up, you'd need digital - and this is all analog baby!

however with the internal trimpots you can lessen the gain on the octave up so it is less distorted. You can also change the character of teh octave up to be more ring mod-like.

its a funky octave down and a crazy octave up - together you have a very cool synth-like fuzz pedal, however you could use it like a regular octaver if you wanted.

[quote name='umph' post='701098' date='Jan 4 2010, 10:55 PM']nice, i'd really like to give it a whirl before i bought it though, i'm assuming it does clean octave up to?[/quote]

No clean oct-up, as Theo said. It's a completely analogue pedal so the octave up is more defined by adding more distortion.

You're welcome to come and try it out if you want, I'm in Wrenthorpe in Wakefield (J41 of the M1) so not too far away if you're passing this way. Send me a PM and let me know.