Why become a member? ×

SOLD SOLD SOLD Peavey T-40

ase_one23

[b]EDIT: matt (kingforaday) has got intouch to say that he fancies this bass and would be willing to swap his [url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=66633&st=0"]black t-40[/url] for it. essentially what this means is that you can buy EITHER the black one or the maple one for the £350 posted, if u buy mine then business as usual, if u want matt's then he'll send it to you, you send money to me, i send my bass to matt. clear as mud?!!![/b]

hi all, i've been absent from the site for the past few months due to some rather horrible circumstances which i wont go into. the upshot is that i'm selling ALL of my music gear. so first up is my beloved t-40, check out the thread on it for the details, i've posted some live pics of it there. serial's 01136191 which makes it a 1982 model, as u can see it's got the blade pickups which are apparently slightly hotter than the toaster ones that came later. it's also got a rosewood neck, seems to be pretty unusual for the maple body, in fact it's the only one i've seen so far! condition i would put at 7 out of 10, it's got all the nicks and dents from 27 years of playing, plenty of buckle rash and arm rest rash but none of this affects the playing at all. in fact although the headstock has the majority of the dings the neck is smooth and very nearly ding-free. all original and comes with original hardcase also. some of the pots need a clean as a bit crackly but it sounds amazing, a huge variety of sounds available, and if you've been looking at these you're probably aware they have a particular following amongst doom / stoner fans. and also that it's HEAVY!!!! tho personally i prefer a bit of meat to my bass ; )

anyhow i really need to get this sold ideally within a week, so looking for (what i think is) a reasonable £350 posted or feel free to hit me with offers - no trades tho, i need le cash!

any more pics needed just let me know!!

EDIT: sold pending usual

chris

Edited by ase_one23

thanks flateric, chris messaged me earlier, i'll have to pass on this one this time round though, just aquired a white one and should probably shift one of my black ones before thinking about adding another!

good luck with the sale, great bass and a good price i reckon especially considering you very rarely find them with rosewood fretboards

Edited by kingforaday

[quote name='ase_one23' post='695688' date='Dec 29 2009, 04:16 PM'][b]EDIT: matt (kingforaday) has got intouch to say that he fancies this bass and would be willing to swap his [url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=66633&st=0"]black t-40[/url] for it. essentially what this means is that you can buy EITHER the black one or the maple one for the £350 posted, if u buy mine then business as usual, if u want matt's then he'll send it to you, you send money to me, i send my bass to matt. clear as mud?!!![/b][/quote]

do you know what? i think that actually makes sense!

nice one!