Why become a member? ×

Lovepedal Babyface Tremolo Pedal

The Twickerman

[quote name='gnasher1993' post='694861' date='Dec 28 2009, 02:20 PM']Tremolo is just a volume-based effect so it shouldn't be any less effective on bass. The only problem I've heard of with Tremolo pedals is that there's sometimes a volume drop when engaged.

You should be fine with it.[/quote]

What you're saying then, is that all tremolos are the same?

[quote name='The Twickerman' post='695092' date='Dec 28 2009, 07:57 PM']What you're saying then, is that all tremolos are the same?[/quote]

In principal, yes.

Obviously you can add loads of features. The Lovepedal tremolo is probably the simplest you can get (just a rate control).

Features you could potentially add:

Tap tempo
Depth
Wave form
Rhythm selection
Ratio (w/ tap tempo)
Modulation

Probably loads more as well.

[quote name='gnasher1993' post='695168' date='Dec 28 2009, 09:01 PM']In principal, yes.

Obviously you can add loads of features. The Lovepedal tremolo is probably the simplest you can get (just a rate control).

Features you could potentially add:

Tap tempo
Depth
Wave form
Rhythm selection
Ratio (w/ tap tempo)
Modulation

Probably loads more as well.[/quote]

The Lovepedal tremolo has a waveform switch on the front as well. It also has depth and volume trimpots. The volume is crucial actually and frequently missing from tremolo pedals. Otherwise you cannot set the relative level of the affected sound.

But anyway - these are generic comments - I was hoping to find some comments from someone who's tried this pedal. Or soemone who'd recommend a different tremolo for bass guitar.

[quote name='thisnameistaken' post='695697' date='Dec 29 2009, 04:26 PM']I haven't tried this pedal but I wouldn't run a tremolo on bass without tap tempo. It's such a destructive effect, I don't think it works unless you can sync it to the song.[/quote]

+1 - or with my bands' a midi sync. Although I think tremolo can be used in many ways, to me a sync'd stutter effect is the best thing about tremolo.

Dan

• 1 month later...

Actually, I don't think I'd want it sync'd-up perfectly - a bit of slow tremolo ahead of the beat (or behind it..) works great for some slower (particularly soulful/bluesy) numbers.

The difference forms another pulse of its own, not dissimilar to a leslie-cabbed keyboard - harder to describe than appreciate...