Why become a member? ×

Line6 Bass POD XT Pro/ Live

civictiger

Hey gang

I'm deciding which would be the best option for me..
I would be using this live, ofcourse. But I think the Pro seems far more sleek and just looks completely better.
However, since I will be using this live to trigger effects on/off and access different amp models.. do you think the Live one would be far more suitable? or would the pro one be great too?

However, I'm thinking with the Pro model, I cant change effects between songs, it would have to go on at the start and off at the end of every song as it isnt foot-switch operable like the Live version.

Any thoughts?

Also, does anyone know if the Live version has the options to record, like the Pro model does?

The Pod XT Pro is footswitchable. Get the FBV shortboard which is really good or the FBV board which has more control.

I've tried the Live (floorboard) version and whilst the amp models and whatnot are the same in some way it's just a bit flimsy feeling in terms of the footswitches. I'd go with the Pro version and a controller. I wish I'd bought the rackmount version instead of the kidney bean version. On the other hand, I tend not to use it live very much now as I use the Digitech 2120 which again is a rackmount with floorboard controller.

Do you already have rack gear you use live? I would not want to drag around a rack piece unless it was racked with other stuff I was using anyway (amps, preamps, crossover, etc). But it is your gig.

Line 6 makes a couple of versions of the foot controller for the Pro depending on how much you like to move your feet:

Thump Boy has rather kindly posted the FBV board above. That's really good. I've got the shortboard version which is pretty decent, but the FBV is the better of the 2. The only thing that annoys me about the pod is that it's not seamless transfer between patches. So when you change patches say you're using delay, the tail of the signal gets chopped if you turn it off. Really annoying.

On the other hand, that doesn't bother everyone.

As Thump Boy says, get a rack case. You don't want to be carrying it about without one.

currently, I dont have a rack, just a pedalboard.
I guess i'll stick with the Live one for now, and then when I get some more money and build my rack I will then sell it, obtain a Pro and get a MIDI controller (if I see the logic in doing that.. however I dont think around £200 is worth it just to have a pedal off stage into a rack) but that will all be settled with cash

thanks for the replies guys, i appreciate it =] will be saving me a few dollar!