Why become a member? ×

Season's felicitations etc...

AlanP2008

Hi, I'm Alan

I played bass as a teenager and did some touring in my 20's. Needing to feed myself properly caused me to give up gigging in my late 20's, and within a few years had sold my EB2 and bought a LP copy (I felt bass was not a particularly good solo instrument).

I've kept up my 6-string playing sporadically since then - and 4 years ago bought a bass (Dean Rhapsody 4-string) to do a bit of recording, but got distracted by the technology (DAWs and synths) so it didn't really kick-start my playing in any meaningful way...

About a year ago, for some reason I really started to get back into the 6-string, and got myself a US Delux Strat, then 6 months ago I got talked into doing some coaching at the local county music service "Rock School" sessions, and for some reason I ended up playing and coaching bass (playing a six-string at the same time as six teenagers all thrashing away didn't appeal!)

Just got myself a Mex Active Jazz Bass (the Dean will have to go in due course - it's a really nice bass for the money, but I've always fancied a Jazz), and I'm finding the re-acquaintance with bass really rather compelling...

So Hi!

(PS. I'm also AlanP2008 on the musicradar forum...)