Why become a member? ×

Warwick FNA 5 string

EvilSmile

I'm not really playing 5 strings and since i got a buzzard its now pretty much my go to bass.

So I have my 5 string Warwick FNA up for sale.

Pics can be now found here: [url="http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/squirrelguru/FNA02#"]http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/squirrelguru/FNA02#[/url]

Bass was cleaned up and since i've had it not been gigged after cleaning it up. you can see from the pics its in great condition. Its amazingly light and balances superbly (lightest and best balanced Warwick i've played). and a fantastic bass, if it wasn't the buzzard i'd be keeping it!

Specs:

Body - Flamed Maple top, Ash back
Neck - Ovankgol
FB - Wenge

I had to just check which preamp I had in the bass (not played it in a while). It has a bartolini NMBT -3 band preamp in the bass currently. The previous owner had the original replaced because the stock seymour duncan was defective (had a crazy low signal output). I've fixed up the original preamp, it had the wrong value volume pot which would have accounted for the low output.

The original preamp is included so anyone can swap them over if they want too. Strap locks are Schaller strap locks and not warwick ones.

Only other slight issue is the JAN II the tabs have snapped but its purely a cosmetic issue. Just need to be careful not to lose the nut when re-stringing. Nut is fully functional - its a flaw in the JAN II design.

I am looking for £500 in a straight sale.

****************UPDATES!!! ****************

I'm throwing in my set of 5 string TI flats - only 2 months old only been on the bass maybe 4 days - still sound like new. So you get the bass, 2 preamps, a set of flats, some worn in EMP's, and a case + ofc the straplocks!

First MP3's - strings are some worn in EMP's. Song i played was the first minute of Streetlight Manifesto - A Better Time, A Better Place - not my best attempt for sure but it gives you a good idea on the sounds. Recorded through the DI on my tecamp 500 set flat into audacity via focusrite saffire LE audio interface.

Track 1 preamp engaged but set flat,
Track 2 preamp bypassed
Track 3 mids (800hz) boosted
Track 4 bass cut a little, mid switch (250hz) engaged and boosted and treble boosted.

I will string the bass with the TI flats and redo the songs with them to get a feel for flats on the bass.

Edited by EvilSmile

Pics can be now found here: [url="http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/squirrelguru/FNA02#"]http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/squirrelguru/FNA02#[/url]

I had to just check which preamp I had in the bass (not played it in a while). It has a bartolini NMBT -3 band preamp in the bass currently. The previous owner had the original replaced because the stock seymour duncan was defective (had a crazy low signal output). I've patched up the original preamp, it had the wrong value volume pot.

I'll include the original preamp + all the parts so anyone can swap them over if they want too. Strap locks are Schaller strap locks and not warwick.

Only other issue is the JAN II the tabs have snapped but its purely a cosmetic issue. Just need to be careful not to lose the nut when re-stringing. Nut iis fully functional - its a flaw in the JAN II design.

I've adjusted the original post with this information.

Edited by EvilSmile

Bump,

The bass does come with a gig bag, but for an extra £30 i am happy to throw in a deluxe warwick double gig bag with the bass. The gig bag is currently being sold in this thread: [url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=71284"]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=71284[/url]

I'm willing to accept offers on this, no trades, however all serious offers will be considered. I need to raise cash for a new laptop, ideally before I return to uni :)

Edited by EvilSmile

Sunday evening bump.

I'll be heading up to york on Friday for the start of my uni term, bass will be joining me, if that moves it nearer to anyone who might be interested/want to try the bass. - If your on the way from Cambridge to York i could also do a drop off on the way....

Edited by EvilSmile

[quote name='EvilSmile' post='711091' date='Jan 13 2010, 11:29 AM']bumpity bump.

I paid £600 for this bass so if i can get that back - or close to it back i'll be happy. I'll consider all serious offers though![/quote]

nice bass! I have one too. :)
best luck with the sale!

So I put the serial through the warwick serial number thingy:

Warwick Serial Number Information

Serial No.: B-xxxxxx-02
Article Code: 1325350000GSAFMOWW
produced: 14/02/2002
Info: Corvette FNA, 5-string
Natural Oil finish
Swamp Ash / A Flamed Maple top body
Ovangkol neck
Gold hardware

Appears to be made on valentines day.

Also as this is my last 5 string, i'm throwing in my TI Flats along with the bass. So you get a FNA - 2 preamp options and the option of putting some flats on it!

Starting tomorrow i'm going to try and get some sound clips up, both rounds and flats.

• 2 weeks later...

Bump! - sound clips now in the first post, more will come soon.

I am open to offers for this, i paid £600 for this bass i would like to get as much of it back as possible - reasonable offers will most likely be accepted!

I'll get some more clips up tomorrow if i can, else it'll be sometime next week (3rd year uni gets busy!)

Right, another bump. Would £550 tempt anyone? I think if i want this shift i'm going to accept i'll loose some cash on it. Offers still accepted, it unlikely i'll get any flat clips up before the end of next week :) but i'll try and get some more clips up in the next few days of some other sounds that this bass is capable of!