Why become a member? ×

Ampeg SVR215 found at tip.

thinman

An aquaintance of mine found an Ampeg SVR-215 (I think) in the electricals section of our local tip.

It's in full working order and in reasonable condition.

It's the one with the drivers facing in opposite directions.

Are these any good and what is one worth? It's got a section in the yop of the cabinet where an amp might have gone so were these available as a combo?

Lucky git is all I can think.

Edited by thinman

• 3 years later...

I was looking for another Ampeg SVT 3 Pro head online and found one on Craigslist for $400. Negotiated down to $375, but the picture showed the head in this weird looking bass cab (Ampeg SVR-212). When I went to pick up the head, to my surprise the cabinet was included in the deal. I had no idea what I was getting. Upon researching, I realized that I just got an awesome piece of rig equipment essentially for free. It is really heavy! I can only imagine what the SVR 215 version weighs?! Very punchy tone, Fostex horn and front port. I was impressed as I have always played through 410's. The rear facing speaker is internally crossed over at 125hz for a "sub" effect and rear facing. I can see where drummers would love this bass cabinet! I practice with my band, who basically plug[attachment=145340:Ampeg SVR 212 rig1.JPG] into the PA, but no worries, lots of volume pumping out of this little (but not light) cab. I just got an acoustic bass and I'm definitely planning on using this rig for acoustic gigs. Don't spread the word around, but if you can get one, then grab it!