Why become a member? ×

Strange (to me anyway) pickup in EUB

Sibob

Hey all, I just borrowed a Clifton EUB from a friend of mine for some shows and he informed me that the pickup is "one of those ones you plug in and charge"!?
A cable came in the pocket that is jack plug to mains, and he said something along the lines of "plugging it in for 30 secs charges in for around 3 hours".

Is this kind of pickup ringing any bells with anyone? Anywhere I can get some more info?

Cheers
Si

Cool, have emailed him!

I gigged the bass last night and noticed that the E & A strings are a lot quieter than the D & G strings, I've asked Mo whether that's down to the pickup or something else, like strings perhaps!?
I believe it's fitted with Spirocores

Si

[quote name='Sibob' post='692211' date='Dec 23 2009, 11:41 AM']Cool, have emailed him!

I gigged the bass last night and noticed that the E & A strings are a lot quieter than the D & G strings, I've asked Mo whether that's down to the pickup or something else, like strings perhaps!?
I believe it's fitted with Spirocores

Si[/quote]

I had a similar problem on my Aria EUB.

On my Aria, there are two pickups - one under the bass side of the bridge (E&A) and one under the treble side of the bridge (G&D). The relative levels of each pickup can be adjusted via a couple of trim pots in the control cavity to allow the user to fine tune their sound.
Have a look in your control cavity and tweak any trim pots you find while plucking the string - chances are you'll be able to even out the response.

Dave