Why become a member? ×

Gk 1001 RB II and Epi 310 Rig for trade

mikeh

Stunningly good rig for trade.
With the band Im in and the gigs we're doing I find Im so over powered with this rig Im bareky able to crank it. And with the new PA we have everything goes through it anyway.

So Im looking to trade my rig for a high end light weight combo.

So WHY

[quote name='niceguyhomer' post='75490' date='Oct 17 2007, 10:38 AM']Gulp :) ..thought about doing this myself Mike.[/quote]

I've been thinking about it for a while, but everytime I turn it up I reaslise it would be stupid. BUT even on gigs without PA support Im never up past 10 o'clock, so I tought I'd see if I'd get any suitable trade offers.

That has been considered, but tbh If I was going to change one thing of the 2 it'd be the head!!! Its a superb piece of kit, sounds good and is very powerful with tons of headroom. Its more of a pain to carry than the cab, probably due to the 4U flight case its in!!

I've been thinking of moving to one cab for a while, I assume this is 5.3ohms or somesuch figure? I have a GK Neo112 and Neo212 I could trade.

Edit - ah, I skimmed over the bit saying you were after a combo. Oh well, if you're interested anyway, let me know!

Edited by Wil

[quote name='niceguyhomer' post='75780' date='Oct 17 2007, 09:23 PM']Mike - I've got a 112 neo on it's way to me if you want to try it, should be here by the middle of next week.[/quote]

Love to try it mate. Are you going to use it with the 212?

Cheers

Mike

[quote name='G-bitch' post='76122' date='Oct 18 2007, 06:32 PM']How much would you be looking to get for the head on its own?[/quote]

Not looking to sell at this point, only to trade for a smaller lightweight combo. Something my Markbass maybe or an Epi 112

[quote name='mikeh' post='76140' date='Oct 18 2007, 06:29 PM']Love to try it mate. Are you going to use it with the 212?

Cheers

Mike[/quote]

It'll serve a few different purposes TBH Mike - I'm not sure how it'll sound with the 212 cos of the power imbalance - 300watts v 600 etc but I know that there's a GK endorsee using the combination. I'll try it and see when it arrives. I can use it on it's own for rehearsals and small pubs (with PA support).

I'll give you a shout when it arrives, and if it's before next Tuesday, I'll bring it to your rehearsal.

Nice one mate, look forward to seeing the DJ as well. Or maybe I shouldnt even pick it up, you know what Im like!!!! Anyone want to by a P!! lol

Id be interested to hear how the 2 cabs sound together as I have been offered the offending cabs :)

Either way Im probably going back to the GK gig bag, as I hate the 4U flight case.

I've also had cash offers on both the head and cab, so could sell and buy a combo, maybe the Markbass 115 combo?? TBH I really dont know, I'd probably miss having this much power behind me on stage...

Mike