Why become a member? ×

Sold

wildman

TRADES NOW CONSIDERED - Anything considered so long as you can take the rejection if it doesnt fly !

As a guide, possible trade-bait (with cash adjustment where appropriate):

LMKII, or Markbass 102 Combo
5-string (but must be wide (18mm plus) string spacing)
Anything Status
Etc

Hi All,

For sale or Trade, my Sandberg Bullet Booster unlined Fretless four string bass.

Feel, and sound wise, its very like the Gary Willis fretless basses although obviously four string rather than five. Slightly more woody sound, probably due to the rosewood rather than ebonol fretboard. Plenty of the usual mwah sounds too.

Features:
- 34" scale unlined rosewood fingerboard
- Ash body, natural
- Single Sandberg pickup at the bridge, I think they are Delano but not sure.
- 3 band eq, with active/passive pullup on the volume and separate treble, mid and bass controls.
- Strung with Thomastik flatwound strings - the business for fretless.

Mint condition, if you look hard, theres a very very slight ding on the upper edge of the neck by the low F. Its so small, I couldnt get it to come out in the photos.

Pics below and any other questions, please ask.

Offers around the £450 mark. Thomann have them for £800 new.

The hard case shown has a bash in the corner so I'd be happy to include another case in better condition or sell without case at all for £425. IMPORTANT TO NOTE that the bash was made while shipping another bass - NOT this one.

Delivery and tryout wise, I am based near Kingston on Thames, Surrey and work near Canary Wharf. We have relatives in Cheshire and in Devon so meetups can be arranged and I'm happy to deliver within a reasonable distance for petrol money subject to negotiation.

Would rather not ship if it can be avoided, but I do have a box and packing that would do the trick if thats our last option. Shipping charges obviously not included in the price.

Cheers, John

Edited by wildman

[quote name='Russell' post='681772' date='Dec 11 2009, 10:28 PM']That is sooooo tempting.....ouch![/quote]

Really sorry guys, no trades. I have just bought eubassix's Vigier Arpege fretless and need the cash !

Appreciate the positive comments anyway !

[quote name='wildman' post='681779' date='Dec 11 2009, 10:38 PM']Really sorry guys, no trades. I have just bought eubassix's Vigier Arpege fretless and need the cash !

Appreciate the positive comments anyway ![/quote]

Completely understand. It is beautiful though and would go a long way to completing my Sandberg family. Think I will send you a PM....

[quote name='Russell' post='681797' date='Dec 11 2009, 10:58 PM']Completely understand. It is beautiful though and would go a long way to completing my Sandberg family. Think I will send you a PM....[/quote]

Quite a bit of interest and all PMs now replied to. Waiting to hear back - cash in hand or bank wins the day !

Cheers, John

[quote name='bassatnight' post='692311' date='Dec 23 2009, 01:23 PM']If this was lined I'd snap it up - but not yet adapt enough to be without the markers! Have a bump on me![/quote]

Steve, Thanks for the bump. I worried about that when I got it a couple of years agi, but its got dots on the side of the neck at 3-5-7-9-12 etc where the frets should be which are almost as good as fretlines and its certainly a head turner.

Still I am sure I'm not going to change your mind so all the best in your search. I think theres a few lined fretless Ps and Js on here that should suit you !

Cheers. John

[quote name='wildman' post='695724' date='Dec 29 2009, 05:03 PM']Bump...no-one interested ?

Looking like eBay in the New Year.....[/quote]

New Year Bump. Might consider a trade for a 5 string fretted of similar or less value (cash my way)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Nut width = 40mm
String spacing at nut = 10mm
String spacing at bridge = 20mm

Fretboard wear = Negligible; its only ever had flats on it

[quote name='The Burpster' post='735307' date='Feb 4 2010, 05:37 PM']String spacings at nut ( and nut width ) please....

Also string spacings at bridge....?

Is there any wear on the fretboard...?

Mildly interested, if its a widish neck.....[/quote]

[quote name='The Burpster' post='735773' date='Feb 5 2010, 07:14 AM']Getting more interested..... :)

How deep is the neck..? (damn shame Sandberg dont put any of this info on their webby!)

is it shallow like a late model Fender P or Warwick deep D shape...?

I've always liked thier basses but not got around to trying one.[/quote]

Its slim, more like the Fender than the Warwick. I own a Fender J and used to own a Warwick Streamer. Definitely not the baseball bat style of the Warwick and very slightly thicker than my Fender J. My Fender's neck is 22mm thick at the 12th fret.

The Sandberg's neck is 25mm thick at the 12th "fret" - the octave position, 15mm at the first "fret" - it fans out slightly so its a bit thicker at the nut position itself.

Cheers, John

[quote name='wildman' post='737460' date='Feb 6 2010, 06:06 PM']Its slim, more like the Fender than the Warwick. I own a Fender J and used to own a Warwick Streamer. Definitely not the baseball bat style of the Warwick and very slightly thicker than my Fender J. My Fender's neck is 22mm thick at the 12th fret.

The Sandberg's neck is 25mm thick at the 12th "fret" - the octave position, 15mm at the first "fret" - it fans out slightly so its a bit thicker at the nut position itself.

Cheers, John[/quote]
Bump...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...