Why become a member? ×

Status Shark 5 String TRADED!!!

andyonbass

You know how sometimes you fancy a change? (Then regret it later!) Well this fine bass has been my back up for about 3 years now, and although its generally the one I pick up to practice on, I wouldn't mind looking at something different hanging on the wall for a change.
What can I tell you? Its a five string Status Shark thats been fitted with a Seymour Duncan STC-3M3 active preamp. (See below for SD blurb). The bass itself is in excellent condition, with just a few light scratches on the back, necks nice and straight with a low action, every thing works as it should, and it plays really nicely with a typical Status neck profile. The build quality is to the usual Status high standards. Its had a new Status pickup fitted recently, and with the pre-amp, is surprisingly versatile. Its got straplocks on and it comes with a Status gigbag.
I am looking for £300 for this, plus £20 shipping or collect from Swindon. I might be interested in trade for an interesting 5 string, but I've got my eye on something in the for sale section so cash would be better! :)

[i]SD blurb..
Seymour Duncan STC-3M3 for Ernie Ball/Music Man® bass guitars with 3 control knobs. For years the Basslines Custom Shop® has been installing preamps in Music Man® basses. Over time the design was perfected and is now available to everyone. The lows are deep, clear, and tight. The mids range from ultra smooth to punchy and all points in between. The treble control can produce a very wide and useable response that is brilliant but not brittle. Pulling up on the volume knob engages the Slap Switch®, a special EQ contour made for slap playing. All of this is available in a quiet on board package.[/i]

[attachment=38063:DSC01811.JPG] [attachment=38064:DSC01815.JPG]

[attachment=38065:DSC01812.JPG] [attachment=38066:DSC01814.JPG][b][/b]

Edited by andyonbass

I used to own one of these (But red with a white scratch plate). Still to this day I don't think you can get a bass this good for the money anywhere. I sold mine for £325 (with the original pick-up) as it seems to be the going rate. I was mad!

With a good set up these feel and play like a £1000 bass. The is a drop dead bargain... and one of the finest bass necks ever made!

[quote name='pantherairsoft' post='680547' date='Dec 10 2009, 07:16 PM']You don't have the original pick up cover do you... I love the big Chrome brick...[/quote]

'fraid not, I did a deal with a guy who wanted to add another chrome pickup to his shark, (you can only get the black ones now.) I bet that turned out to be an awesome bass!

[quote name='andyonbass' post='683454' date='Dec 13 2009, 09:52 PM']Still up for grabs - Sunday night bump[/quote]

ill give you my dark blue warwick 5 as new
look here same guitar

[url="http://bass-guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Warwick-Corvette-Rockbass-Basic-Active-5String-Electric-Bass-Guitar?sku=582365&src=3WFRWXX&ZYXSEM=0&CAWELAID=406665083"]http://bass-guitars.musiciansfriend.com/pr...ELAID=406665083[/url]

[quote name='lancastercomputers' post='684490' date='Dec 14 2009, 08:59 PM']ill give you my dark blue warwick 5 as new[/quote]

I appreciate the offer, but I'm afraid Warwicks just ain't my cup of tea. Thanks for the interest, though
Andy

[quote name='pantherairsoft' post='690221' date='Dec 20 2009, 10:21 PM']One of them is a shark and one is shark II if I'm not mistaken... Which is yours?[/quote]

I dont really know, and not sure I know what the difference is. Perhaps someone could enlighten me? :)

Externally, the scratch plate is different and the pick up in a slightly different place, but I can't recall what else, or which is which. When I had mine about 7 years ago the head stock said Status Shark II, which is the only reason I know a 'II' model exists...

If you look at the version on the bay, the scratch plate does not have the 'horn' with the dials mounted on it and th pick up is further back... Yours is prettier the way it is though without a doubt!

[quote name='pantherairsoft' post='690241' date='Dec 20 2009, 10:46 PM']Externally, the scratch plate is different and the pick up in a slightly different place, but I can't recall what else, or which is which. When I had mine about 7 years ago the head stock said Status Shark II, which is the only reason I know a 'II' model exists...

If you look at the version on the bay, the scratch plate does not have the 'horn' with the dials mounted on it and th pick up is further back... Yours is prettier the way it is though without a doubt![/quote]

Thanks for the info :rolleyes: Played this at rehearsal last night, I must be bonkers selling this :)
I'm on the verge of committing myself to the purchase of another instrument, though, so will probably put this on ebay in the new year in the hope that someone has a bit of Christmas lolly to spend!