Why become a member? ×

SX SPB-57 MSL, Metallic Silver P Bass

Alfie

I have been a bit too generous for my wife's christmas present, so I need to find a bit of money from somewhere and unfortunately that means selling this bass.

This is a SX Vintage Series Precision Bass in Metallic Silver, bought two years ago from Rondo Music in the US. I decided I wanted a blue pickguard so I fashioned one out of car decal vinyl and slapped it over the original. I can leave this on or take it off, it's up to you.

I bought this because I fancied a big ol' P Bass with a chunky neck and big sound to use at band practice. What I got was a surprisingly playable little beast and I have ended up using it far more than either my Fender P Bass Lyte or my Waterstone Indra. So I will be sorry to see it go, but needs must.

Pick up from me in Chipping Norton, or I can drop it in Oxford, perhaps in London too.

£90

[attachment=38057:DSC_2892.JPG][attachment=38058:DSC_2895.JPG][attachment=38059:DSC_2898.JPG]

Edited by Alfie

[quote name='WonderHorse' post='680184' date='Dec 10 2009, 01:02 PM']That's very cool. How does it sound?[/quote]

I'm not a tone connoisseur I'm afraid, so I would say it sounds like a bass.

One thing I would say is that the pickups are fairly quiet, but then again the only things I had to compare it with were an active Fender and a Squier with Wizard Thumper pickups. Playing with a small clean boost pedal gave me a nice punchy sound.

I will be in South West London over Christmas, so collection is available from there as well.

I will probably be in Bolton between Christmas and New Year, so even more collection options are available.

In fact, as I will be driving from Bolton to Oxfordshire, if you live somewhere on the M6/M5/A44 or M6/M40 routes then I can easily drop it off.

• 2 weeks later...