Why become a member? ×

1960's bass cab?

et1058

Don't know much about this

I have had it for 7 years and I have not used it for the past 2 years

CARLSBRO Sound Equipment 100 Watt 15" Cab

Very loud, very heavy, very reliable. I am pretty sure it was made in the early 60's

It has been well used, as you can see from the cosmetics, but still as strong as ever

What I am asking is...does anybody have anymore info on this cab and would anybody be interested in it.

Offers and info welcome. To be picked up from Liverpool

Edited by et1058

If you want info on the cab check the Carlsbro forum - [url="http://www.carlsbro.com/forum/index.php"]http://www.carlsbro.com/forum/index.php[/url]

If you stick the pictures and serial number up there those helpful chaps at Carlsbro will check their entirely paper based records and let you know what it is and date of manufacture.

:huh: A 1970's GUITAR amp!?!?!? What the hell!

hahaha

This is a shock to me lol

Thankyou for the link for the Carlsbro Forum, I will post there tonight :)

I got the 60's info off a memory I had, when I opened it up a few years ago, and my memory is convinced I saw a date of 1962 printed (or something) but there again I am not sure (might of been a 'serial number' not a date, I dunno, I need to stop waffling, and thats why I asked if anybody had any info, and thanks....definately wasnt expecting it to be a guitar cab tho.

In 1962 there were very few British amp manufacturers period. I remember Vox, Bird, Burns, Fenton Weill, Watkins, Selmer and Linear. Marshall had only just started. This was just pre-Beatles and before the music explosion that they helped create. Carlsboro is most certainly a later period.