Why become a member? ×

Sold please delete

mikhay77

A feeler but I just fancy a change,but I may change my mind in a few days lol,so see if theres any interest in a sale for this 1994 thumb,chrome hardware,proper brass adjustanut,internal strap locks active Mec's.Got some dings and buckle rash also slight finger wear above the E,lovely grain and neck.Gassing for a $$.After around £725 in a warwick gig bag boxed and couriered to the Uk.Or it can be collected for £700.Would send across the pond for extra cost to you international buyers. Now £670! SOLD!!!!!posted[attachment=37955:Photo0414.jpg[attachment=37956:DSC_4408.JPG]

Edited by mikhay77

[quote name='Chris2112' post='679110' date='Dec 9 2009, 02:39 PM']Silly me, I noticed just as I looked at this again!

I wonder how they sound compared to the ovangkol bodied thumbs?[/quote]
Well,compared with the new ones,these are twice as loud,better build quality and far superior neck,but thats my opinion,obviously,lol.

[quote name='Chris2112' post='683580' date='Dec 14 2009, 12:15 AM']I think people tend to date the "new" ones from 2000 or 2001 when the necks changed from wenge to ovangkol and also became quite a bit chunkier! These days it seems that wenge is only available as custom order item![/quote]

I've played both types and whilst the newer ones feel less hand made they sound comparable to me.

[quote name='rjb' post='683692' date='Dec 14 2009, 09:04 AM']I've played both types and whilst the newer ones feel less hand made they sound comparable to me.[/quote]

You see, I have a 1999 Thumb with the old profile wenge neck. In comparison, as in, A/b'd with thumbs with Ovangkol necks through the same amp, it soudns a bit mkore growly and honky in the midrange, whereas the ovangkol necked thumbs sound perhaps a little more even overall with a litte less growl in the midrange. They all sound like thumbs though.

"They all sound like thumbs though."

Yeah, that was my point. My NT4 and BO5 sound different due to the pup arrangments, but they still sound like Thumb basses. "Dense" is the word I'd use to describe it.:)

Anyway, here's a bump....

Edited by rjb

[quote name='Chris2112' post='679110' date='Dec 9 2009, 02:39 PM']Silly me, I noticed just as I looked at this again!

I wonder how they sound compared to the ovangkol bodied thumbs?[/quote]

I've had both walnut & ovankol 5 string versions of the bolt on thumb, there is a considerable difference, the early walnut versions (93-96) have a thicker more honky tone with a sweeter almost straty top end & if this were a 5 string i'd buy it (as most of my bass duty's require the low b string)
I currantly own the 6 string version & cannot rate it enough, these early bolt ons are something else!!

Have a Bump for an awsome bass :)