Why become a member? ×

SADOWSKY NYC 4 *** SOLD ***

Apothem

Here for sale is my 1995 Sadowsky NYC 4 jazz. I have bought it from fellow BCer JohnnyLightYear and I know some other BCers have had the pleasure before (Barrie/Molan and other previous owners, if you want to chime in pls feel free).

Absolutely stunning in cobalt blue: ash body, quilted maple top, maple board, humcancelling Sadowsky pups and the legendary Sadowsky VERY effective 2-band preamp (a little goes a long way...). No VTC installed, it's still all original, included the Sadowsky D-tuner. Older style Schaller bridge allows for a little string spacing adjustment. Weight is 3.9kg on a digital bathroom scale. Comes in a plastic moulded hardcase, also with blue interior.

Excellent conditions throughout: perfect straight satin finished neck with virtually zero fretwear which allows for very low action, a few superficial swirls and dings (mostly the size of a nail's head, just tiny dents in the lacquer's surface). One small knock on the lower edge on the body, near the pots, and a scuff on the tip of the headstock. None of the above is normally visible if not under a very close inspection. No belt rash on the back. I have just noticed for the first time that the ring of the active/passive miniswitch is missing. Overall only very minor cosmetic blemishes (and the bass is nearly 15!!!)

Here are the pics (a few are from the previous owners, I hope they do not mind, sorry, I am not exactly Helmut Newton...)

[attachment=37446:Blue_Sad_1.jpg] [attachment=37447:Blue_Sad_4.jpg] [attachment=37448:Blue_Sad_5.jpg] [attachment=37449:Blue_Sad_6.jpg] [attachment=37450:Blue_Sad_7.jpg] [attachment=37452:Blue_Sad_8.jpg] [attachment=37454:Blue_Sad_9.jpg] [attachment=37456:PICT0018.JPG] [attachment=37457:PICT0019.JPG] [attachment=37458:PICT0021.JPG] [attachment=37459:PICT0032.JPG] [attachment=37460:PICT0034.JPG]

Price is £1,600 plus shipping. If you have a courier of your choice I'll be happy to consider it (I live in Ayrshire, south of Glasgow, KA17), provided they collect, otherwise I'll use Parcelforce. I would strongly recommend insurance, although it's not going to be cheap.

I'll take a good old fashioned cheque for this, no Paypal: that's the way I paid for it, so you can do it too, I am sure Johnny can vouch for my genuinity (if I don't send you the bass you can always come over, beat me up and break my legs... :) :lol: LOL).

I am afraid that if there is no solid interest it will be on the Bay very soon indeed, so dig deep into your pockets while it's (only) here, rob your nan, or sell your sister to the slave trade... just get the dosh together :rolleyes: !!!

Sorry, but I will not consider any trades: I will remain with a '89 "transition" 'Ray and a '95 Sterling for the moment, but I have something else in mind.

Thanks for your interest

Claudio

Edited by Apothem