Why become a member? ×

Best mini practice amps?

Rich44

Was looking at getting something super compact since I don't have much room in my uni halls at all, so current amp is just taking up too much space when I don't need it to. Current amp is a Marshall MB-15, which yes is pretty compact compared to most amps, but still too big to be lugging to uni.

Have seen a few so far but most are really pricy (roland micro cube, markbass micromark etc), which considering its a practice amp just seems pointless. The best one I've seen is the Peavey Micro Bass (20watts) - £60-80 but its discontinued so will that cause issues for support/parts?

Edited by Rich44

There have been a few themes around this sort of subject on Basschat so do have a search. Personally I bought a Kustom 16w second hand on EBay for £29 and it's as good as anything I've heard. Brand new they are not much either. My personal view is that most makers have come on leaps and bounds over the last few years so most things sound at least halfway decent these days. The Kustom stuff isn't mentioned here a lot (seems to be a rock and country amp for US musicians although made in China these days) but sounds really good.

[quote name='MB1' post='669332' date='Nov 29 2009, 06:52 PM']MB1. :)
...Ashdown Tourbus 10
Less than £50 and has a headphone and Mp3 input...smaller and lighter than a peavey! :rolleyes:[/quote]

BRILLIANT! :lol: I actually found that when searching but had forgotten what the make was. Any effects input? And whats sound quality like, I don't care about volume really, but is it clear/not much buzz/hum?