Why become a member? ×

FS:Bacchus 5 SOLD ...

dunetune_jazz

FS: Bacchus 5
Light swap ash finish with rosewood fingerboard and maple neck.
Sounds and plays amazing if you are looking for that Marcus tone and also for finger funk, a extremely versatile bass.
Beautiful perl inlay around the body, head stock and fret board.
Come with the standard 2 Band EQ.

PM if interested.
Thnks.

Edited by dunetune_jazz

• 2 weeks later...

IT IS AN AWSOME BASS INDEED!

I've found some info about this bass (or at least a very same one) here: (If you don't mind) :)
[url="http://www.gakki.com/catalog30/bacchus_venus.jpg"]http://www.gakki.com/catalog30/bacchus_venus.jpg[/url]
You can find some review about it on : www.harmony-central.com (Bacchus Venus4-FL)

scale length 34"?
string spacing 17mm at the bridge?

Good luck with the sale...

• 2 weeks later...

These are indeed wonderful basses - I have a four-string standard (spalted maple on ash/ebony board) that I bought here last year and it is the business for finish, playability and tone. I believe that OTPJ commented on the sales thread that it was the best jazz tone he had heard at the time, and it certainly elicits comment any time I use it live. I am looking for a five string and would be all over this - ironically the only reason that I would hesitate over this particular bass is indeed the beautiful finish - in particular the pearl binding: makes me think that the kind of gigs I do (boppers bouncing all over the shop!... Think: mike, stand and front-teeth trepidation) and this kind of delicate beauty would be a match not quite made-in-heaven... However, for proper stage and studio work this could be a bass for life!
...Still though, if I can shift some stuff, you'd never know, as this is an absolute steal at this price...
Best of luck with the sale,
S

Edited by sub-a-dub

[quote name='sub-a-dub' post='695513' date='Dec 29 2009, 12:08 PM']These are indeed wonderful basses - I have a four-string standard (spalted maple on ash/ebony board) that I bought here last year and it is the business for finish, playability and tone. I believe that OTPJ commented on the sales thread that it was the best jazz tone he had heard at the time, and it certainly elicits comment any time I use it live. I am looking for a five string and would be all over this - ironically the only reason that I would hesitate over this particular bass is indeed the beautiful finish - in particular the pearl binding: makes me think that the kind of gigs I do (boppers bouncing all over the shop!... Think: mike, stand and front-teeth trepidation) and this kind of delicate beauty would be a match not quite made-in-heaven... However, for proper stage and studio work this could be a bass for life!
...Still though, if I can shift some stuff, you'd never know, as this is an absolute steal at this price...
Best of luck with the sale,
S[/quote]

I could not of said it better ... only reason I am selling I do not have the time to play it .... many thanks for u comments :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...