Why become a member? ×

P-bass (Delete this post!)

isomela

[quote name='RussFM' post='665949' date='Nov 26 2009, 09:32 AM']Looks like an SX neck?[/quote]
Spot on - or possibly one made on the same production line, maybe with a different branding.

Out of interest isomela, how much did you pay for it and what info on its origin was given?

Other things that may help with recognising what parts make up the bass would be a view of the body with the pickguard off, a close-up of the electronic bits on the back of the pickguard, close up of the front & back of the headstock. Pic of the neckplate if there's anything stamped on it, and a close up of where the serial number & any other identifying marks are if not clear in other pics.

Also close ups of the damaged areas may help identify what the body is made of.

Edited by Jean-Luc Pickguard

Yeah, I hate to say it but I think you got a bit stiffed. 250 euros is a lot of money for a no-name P knockoff with mystery wood and generic electonics, even with a hardcase thrown in.

That's a cheap chinese neck (possibly SX, although I can find no evidence of 21-fret SX necks with the last dot missing), and the body looks like it could be Squier Affinity, although it might be some other chinese knockoff. It's also quite a bad relic job, and the Tim Anderson guy, whoever he is, isn't a known Brighton luthier. I suspect that he wasn't the one who applied the serial number to the back of the headstock, and it kind of looks like he just wrote his name on marker on the headstock - which may actually have been his only involvement with the manufacture of the bass. Can you put up some bigger photos, specifically of the body without the scratchplate on?