Why become a member? ×

None more rock!

molan

So I bought WoT's lovely '72 P bass on a bit of a whim & have been mostly just playing quietly at home.

However last night I took to rehearsals just to see how it worked in a band mix at loud volume (of course we rehearse far too loudly!).

I sounded just great with such an out & out rock tone.

There was a pick sitting on top of the bass amp & I just couldn't resist using it - despite having not played anything with a pick for years.

Dropped the strap a few notches & I was in pure old school rock heaven :rolleyes:

Thin Lizzy bass parts kept popping into my head & I'm sure I managed to irritate everyone, expect my loud ex thras metal guitarist, by continually hitting everything really hard & playing far too many notes. . .

Had a great time though - will ahve to try the '78 J next week in the same setting :)

Edited by molan

[quote name='wateroftyne' post='658125' date='Nov 18 2009, 02:22 PM']It's about flippin' time!

Glad you're finally up to it. That's good news.

Anyway.. it's a GREAT bass. That pickup is as poky as they get, and the whole bass feels great. :)[/quote]

Only issue I had was that it didn't balance as well as my AC or MTD (my 'reference' basses). However that may simply be that I was using an old school smooth leather strap rather than one of my Comfort Strapps which tend to support the bass better.

[quote name='molan' post='658128' date='Nov 18 2009, 02:25 PM']Only issue I had was that it didn't balance as well as my AC or MTD (my 'reference' basses). However that may simply be that I was using an old school smooth leather strap rather than one of my Comfort Strapps which tend to support the bass better.[/quote]
Ah - right. All my straps have a fleecy underside (*cough*) that grips my shoulder, so I never notice!