Why become a member? ×

Brick House (by the Commodores)

Marvin

[quote name='GreeneKing' post='657540' date='Nov 17 2009, 10:04 PM']Have you been watching the Victor Wooten DVD by any chance ?

:)

Peter

In A[/quote]

Haven't been watching any Victor afraid, apart for a small clip posted on a thread here a couple of days ago - a true master of bass.

Thanks for confirming my suspicions. Don't know which plonk decided to plump for F?

It will keep me drummer happy he loves this track so I had 5 minutes....what funky time I've had.

[quote name='The Funk' post='657757' date='Nov 18 2009, 01:30 AM']I always thought it was A blues/minor pentatonic. Haven't played it in many years so I can't remember it all that well.

Someone might have said it's in the key of F if it's the IIIm chord but I can't remember it so I can't say if they'd techincally be right.[/quote]

My theory knowledge is woefully inadequate, but I think I understand what you're saying.

A blues/minor pentatonic does seem to fit/sound ok though.

[quote name='Marvin' post='658572' date='Nov 18 2009, 09:11 PM']My theory knowledge is woefully inadequate, but I think I understand what you're saying.

A blues/minor pentatonic does seem to fit/sound ok though.[/quote]

Unequivocally in Am blues/pentatonic. Whoever said F must've had the transpose button on - it doesn't even change roots throughout the whole song!