Why become a member? ×

Good morning from Ayrshire

Buzzgroove

Hi,

greetings from darkest Ayrshire, thought I'd drop in before I start to deal with these chikens, ducks, cats n' kids. I've been playing nearly 30 yrs now, don't let that fool you though, plenty of band experience here but I'm no technician!
On the gear front I've (finally) found the two basses I enjoy using, a '99 USA Hot Rodded P bass and a Geddy Jazz fitted with the J Retro 01, both in black and maple, mmm....black and maple....mmmm. Just bought the Geddy in the last 6 weeks and love the natural sound of the J Retro preamp so I'm thinking of buying the stomp box John East now makes to go with the Precision, which I'd rather not mod.
The amp is an Ashdown mag 300 2x10 combo with a mag 15" ext cab which sounds pretty good but will be changed next year I think, can't decide whether to go for a lightweight Markbass setup or Sansamp RBI with a decent poweramp and cabs - the thought of howfing more gear around is appealing less and less though!

On the music front I'm playing in Church in Bishopbriggs a couple of times a month, it's full of talented musicians who are a joy to play with and great people who are a joy to play to, can't get better than that! The other band that's going to take up a fair bit of time shortly was started by a friend who's a drummer and myself to play anything Funk, Soul or Disco, we've just completed the line up with guitar, sax and vocs and will (hopefully) be out by the end of the year around Glasgow.

Better go see to these animals before they eat each other, see you around the forums.

All the best,

Allan

Yes, somewhere around Saltcoats. (Birthplace of Colin Hay - lead singer of Men At Work.)

Nothing beats a deep November dawn in Ayrshire, and after a breakfast of porridge and honey, starting out on a cycling training ride across the spider’s web of country lanes that criss-cross the county. Memories!