Why become a member? ×

Sold - TRACE ELLIOT AH-200 HEAD - MK VI

stevie

Now that I have my pre-amp/power amp combo and rack (thanks Beedster!), my faithful Trace Elliot AH-200 is up for sale. This is the Mk VI which, I am given to believe, is the preferred version of these amps. I've taken this description from the Harmony reviews website, where you will find lots of very positive reviews about this amp: [url="http://reviews.harmony-central.com/reviews/Bass+Amp/product/Trace+Elliot/AH200+Series+6+Head/10/1"]http://reviews.harmony-central.com/reviews...ies+6+Head/10/1[/url]

“- 200W but seems more like 500W
- Can be racked
- Two speaker outs with speaker protection fuse
- Switchable 12-band graphic that is extremely flexible and goes down to 30Hz making it suitable for use with low B strung 5-string basses.
- Mid pre-shape switchable EQ preset which really makes the sound really rock - suits my Rickenbacker so well I don't need to use the EQ.
- 2-channel (active & passive) but not switchable and only a single gain for both channels.
- Has 1 effects loop and line level input/outputs for slaving (pre amp out & power amp in)
- Built in DI which can be switched between pre and post EQ - this is not some half arsed DI connection like a lot of amps have - this beats my tube (valve) DB DI box hands down.”

The great thing about this head is the weight! It’s about 9kg, and very easy to carry - [i]*much*[/i] lighter than the 300W version even though it is nearly as powerful. It’s convection cooled via a massive aluminium heatsink on the back – so no fans to go wrong. The foot switch is included as are the ears for rack mounting. It’s in good condition apart from a slight bend in the corner of the heat sink on the rear, which does not affect the operation of the amp in any way. All knobs and buttons are present and correct and working well.

I’ll throw in the Trace fitted shoulder bag, which has, a dickey zip, and a matching carrying case, which has a small bash in it but works fine otherwise.

The folding stuff is preferred, but I could also be interested in some lightweight tuners (1/2") or an OPL bass.

Edited by stevie

• 1 year later...

[quote name='parker_muse' post='655341' date='Nov 15 2009, 06:43 PM']Good lord i want this.[/quote]

Well my good friend if you haven't found another one, I have exactly the same amp/bag/pedal and it's surplus to requirements!

The better news news is I live in Nailsworth, Gloucestershire. Make me an offer and we'll take it from there.

Kev