Why become a member? ×

Good Evening!

Stompbox

[font="Comic Sans MS"][/font][size="4"][/size]Great to have found a site like this!
I've been playing Electric Bass Guitar for a long time now - since the late 60's - (although not continuously - I've been on six string Rhythm, Lead, Bass, Rhythm & then back on bass).

Set off on heavy/rock - Hendrix/Cream/Tim Rose etc. Moved on to duos, Country Bands and even a Dance Band playing strict tempo stuff! That was a well paid gig & usually at smart venues with a meal laid on for the band.

Anyway I'm back on my first love, the bass & playing covers with a mate of mine (who used to play with Brian May in the pre Queen band "1984").

My bass is a Fender MIJ 62 reissue Fender Jazz through a Sansamp Bass Driver into an Ashdown Mag 400 2 x 10 combo with a Celestion 100watt extension cabinet.

I've also got an old Framus semi acoustic "Star" bass (like Bill Wyman played), but that's just for messing about on.

So here I am, still reasonably fired up about bass playing & singing the lead vocals, but I tell you it's very hard to get gigs at the moment here in the UK in the Lancaster/area.......

Stompbox.