Why become a member? ×

Goodfellow bass

Edmouk

Hello !

I am the (French) owner of a Goodfellow bass that I part exchanged some time ago for a Spector bass.
I intend to put it on sale in a near future but I have no idea about how much this kind of bass may cost used as it hardly unknown here in France.
I f anyone can help, that would be great !
Here are some pics of the lady :

Thanks !

[quote name='BassBus' post='644709' date='Nov 3 2009, 10:00 PM']I can't but you'll know of James Durand (durandassi, jd on statii.com) he's a big goodfellow fan. He might help if he's around or pm him.[/quote]

Hi BassBus !
Thanks for your reply. That's a good idea. I know James owns recent Goodfellow basses which must cost much more than mine so I hope he can help anyway.
I'm not sure but from what I've read here and there, my Goodfellow might be a Lowden production, making the bass probably less valuable than a Bernie Goodfellow production.

Thanks again for your help ! :)

Hi Edmouk,

Nice looking bass but I agree with you that it does look like it might be one of the Lowden-era Goodfellow basses from the 1990s. I remember back then buying one of the 5 string models for about £700 and it was a goo dbass but not really in the same class as one made by bernie himself.

I'd say that a second hand Lowden-era one now would be worth between £500-700, but that's a total, total guess!

Good luck with it,

Nik

Hi mates !

Thanks very much for your comments. This is really helpfull.
I think selling it around 600 £ could be a reasonable price considering that I had to replace the battery plate by a home-made one as it was missing when I got the bass. But this is the only "missing" part.

Best regards to everyone.

Fabien