Why become a member? ×

Teach yourself Bass

Metalmoore

At the moment i have some spare time and was wondering if there is any really good books out there to teach yourself bass. I have Bass for dummies but not really went through it yet.
I just wanna learn how to do it all properly from scratch including theory. I already play of course but wanna set a better foundation. Just cant afford a teacher.

Thanks

Bass Guitar for Dummies is actually a really good book - despite the off-putting title, it's very well written. If you have it already, I recommend you start working your way through it.

I've also found the Inner Game of Music very useful too, but it's not really about learning to play bass as such.

I'm self taught for the last 3 years and never looked at a book before I started taking lessons a month ago..
And he's started telling me my techniques are wrong and a book will teach you the "right" technique I say learn all your scales and the differences between majors and minors and all that jazz get your reading down then dump the books and find your own way of improving...