Why become a member? ×

Crafted In Japan

stefboltonfc

After losing out on a MIJ (Salmon Pink) '62 Jazz Bass on eBay last night (probably to one of you evil people) due to being caught out by £1 in the last five seconds, I've decided I really need one in my life.

Would anyone be willing to sell one, or know anyone who wants to sell one, or even any local stores* that are selling one?

*Preferably NOT to be imported in from the US, or Far East - because I haven't yet got the balls and confidence to buy from abroad.

If anyone can help me with my new lust, it would be much appreciated.

Thanks!!

[quote name='stefboltonfc' post='637256' date='Oct 26 2009, 07:54 PM']After losing out on a MIJ (Salmon Pink) '62 Jazz Bass on eBay last night (probably to one of you evil people) due to being caught out by £1 in the last five seconds, I've decided I really need one in my life.

Would anyone be willing to sell one, or know anyone who wants to sell one, or even any local stores* that are selling one?

*Preferably NOT to be imported in from the US, or Far East - because I haven't yet got the balls and confidence to buy from abroad.

Thanks!![/quote]

I got my '75 CIJ Jazz from Far East Guitars. No hassle, no importing, sent from the UK. Just checked the website, and there's a nice white / tort one on there for £550 - [url="http://www.fareastguitars.co.uk/usedjb5.htm"]'62 Reissue[/url]

Mark.

[quote name='stefboltonfc' post='637256' date='Oct 26 2009, 07:54 PM']After losing out on a MIJ (Salmon Pink) '62 Jazz Bass on eBay last night (probably to one of you evil people) due to being caught out by £1 in the last five seconds, I've decided I really need one in my life.

Thanks!![/quote]

yeah..was watching that guitar, very nice...not mine though!

Thanks!![/quote]

Just sold a white one ..
Don't suppose you fancy a Fender JV P bass 62RI from 1982? :) It's not pink :rolleyes:

It's no hassle to import a used one from Japan. Just needs a few extra quid for postage and tax ..

Thanks!![/quote]

Hi. I have a Pink/red 62 Japan, thinking of moving it on.
It was originally from Far East Guitars.
The pic that I took some time ago, shows it more red
than it is. If you are interested, let me know.
Has a Freestyle (slightly road worn) hard case.

I have four other Japanese Jazzes and I can confirm
that they are a great instrument. I have never played
a Mexican one, so I can't match them to their quality/sound
but I do have two US and you would struggle to tell the difference
in most circumstances.
Good luck in your search - let me know if you want more pics.

Cheers.
Flat Eric. :)

[attachment=35241:mrrs.jpg]

Right... the gorgeous white Jap Jazz is on its way.

I'm far too excited for Thursday morning when the lovely DHL man brings me my new baby!

Impulse buying - gotta love it.

Shame that I've had to borrow £200 from the father, looks like I'm going to be working overtime to get him paid back. Or, I might sell my Squier Vintage Mod to one of you guys? Failing that, to eBay I shall venture!

[quote name='stefboltonfc' post='638349' date='Oct 27 2009, 07:18 PM']Right... the gorgeous white Jap Jazz is on its way.

I'm far too excited for Thursday morning when the lovely DHL man brings me my new baby!

Impulse buying - gotta love it.

Shame that I've had to borrow £200 from the father, looks like I'm going to be working overtime to get him paid back. Or, I might sell my Squier Vintage Mod to one of you guys? Failing that, to eBay I shall venture![/quote]

Did you order the one from Far East then? Looks lovely in the pics.

Mark.

[quote name='bigjohn' post='638464' date='Oct 27 2009, 08:48 PM']I got myself a CIJ '65 reissue on Saturday. I'm still giggling. Not sure when it will end. :brow:[/quote]

Bought Lee650's red 62' Reissue off here few weeks ago. It's a beauty, can't put it down! :)

Edited by nick