Why become a member? ×

New strings = problem nasty noise?

KiOgon

In brief; just fitted new Nexus 45s & was hoping to give a review on them but Houston, we have a problem!
After mucho setting up I was feeling very happy with the black coated bu55ers, but then, picking the E string gave a horrible vibrating noise, it's ok played soft with fingers & thumb, but raise a pick or even a fingernail to it & it's just nasty! Any ideas?
I've been through the whole machine, nothing vibrates anywhere with any other string.

Cheers,
John

• 2 weeks later...

Sorted!
After 1 phone call to Rotosound, nobody home except receptionist!, well it was poets day, 2 emails - no reply, another phone call - straight through to THE MAN!

Almost 1/2 hour conversation - like you do - played the bum string down the phone to him - 2 days later, in the post today, as promised a replacement E string + another complete set as a good will gesture.

Now that's what I call after sales customer care! A big WELL DONE to Rotosound, it's not often these days you get a result like that.

Yes it was a faulty string - wateroftyne - you got it in one!

Cheers,
John

[quote name='KiOgon' post='646479' date='Nov 5 2009, 05:34 PM']Yes it was a faulty string - wateroftyne - you got it in one![/quote]

Thats only happened to me once, the G,D,A strings were bright and beautiful, the E string sounded like i'd been playing for 15 Years, very bizzarre how it can happen.

Glad you got it all sorted out though!