Why become a member? ×

u2- vertigo tour dvd

marcus bell

just thought id post this on here because i simply cant stop watching this, ive watched it twice tonight and watched it last night and the night before and its just great. Im not a big fan of bono and i think larry mullen and adam clayton arent amazing musicians but i dont care about that the dvd is just great and the edge is an absolute genius....:) his guitar work is just amazing and he uses about 20 guitars in one show haha!

Tracklisting: by the way if you have seen this post your thoughts, if not then do you will not be dissapointd trust me!
City of blinding lights: a great tune off the album and is a great show opener love their stage
vertigo: is poweful and energetic and there is a great extra bit of the end of the song too :rolleyes: check out the bass tone with a touch of octaver sounds perfect...
Elevation: brilliant guitar-pedal work and just a great tune.
Cry/ the electric co: one of my all time favourites by them and usually the one that gets rewound on the dvd a fantastic song.
An can dubh/ into the heart: like this never heard it until the dvd and was quite taken with it
beautiful day: a classic tune for many, not one of my favourites originally but this live version completely changes my mind about the song it sounds cool.
New years day: my favourite u22 track and great bassline on this one not particullary skillful or difficult but just right for the song. Dont like the tone on the album but the sherwood green jazz on here sounds f***in great. One of my fave tones of all time.
Miracle drug: loved it on the album and live its even better. Top marks.
Sometimes you can make it on your own: what a great feeling song, the edge work on the rick 12 string is touching
love peace or else: a good song but not a fave
sunday bloody sunday: not bad this one but again not one of their best imho
bullet the blue sky: again the bass tone is spot on and i love the track too.
Running to standstill: nice track this with nice piano work by edge
pride: a classic for sure and i love it on here
where the streets have no name: imo a great touching song by u2....and the guitar work at the start is brilliant a true genius and the chord changes are amazing throughout
one: love the track, and is great on here truly and bonos guitar work sounds good too.
Zoo station: not a fan personally
fly: again no
mysterious ways: my least favourite
all because of you: imo sounds very who'y and is great for it one of my faves off the album and live sounds great!
Original of the species: love the feel of this song live....
Yahweh: this live is lovely and the sounds of that gibson from the edge are to die for...
40: quite weird to see the edge playing bass on this track but his tone is lovely from that lakland. I think its a joe osborn mkodell not too sure though it looks like a natural jazz bass with pearl blocks and stacked knobs....definately a lakland though very modern sounding biut amazing!

The dvd is absolutely wicked and their stage is amazing i would to gone and seen this tour it would of been excellent! :lol: i suppose ill have to go next time

marcus

x

As these live vids go, this is definitely a good one and Adam almost always has great tone.

If you've not seen them in person though I recommend it as the DVDs can't really reproduce the experience of being there. If you think the Vertigo stage/lights was great, the 360 one will blow you away. Saw them three times this summer and while sound at Wembley was crap where I was, Sheffield and Cardiff were incredible.