Why become a member? ×

DIY IKEA Pedalboard

smashie

Here's one I prepared earlier ...

[attachment=34663:CIMG0176.JPG]

[attachment=34664:CIMG0177.JPG]

[attachment=34665:CIMG0178.JPG]

That's a 70cm deep Gorm, with the slats removed and the support arms trimmed, then three of the slats used as the main base, one slat used as re-inforcement for the front, and the remaining slat used as a cross-brace at the back and also holding a 6-way gang.

Spray the whole thing with yellow Hammerite and there you are - one seriously annoyed lead guitarist. :)

[quote name='metaltime' post='629585' date='Oct 18 2009, 04:38 PM']I would like to get a PT mini for gigging and build a big Gorm board for how experimentation.[/quote]

Remember that cheapness is part of the deal - my entire set-up cost £11 at Ikea plus £6 for a tin of Hammerite. If I'd had a suitable half-used can of yellow paint in the shed I'd have been a very happy bunny.

When I build my Mk.II it will be even cheaper - cos I've already got the paint!

You'll see from my piccies that I've used cable ties to hold my kit in place. They're cheaper & easier to use than velcro, and they don't require you to stick velcro on the bottom of all your pedals. And they come in lots of colours (though I'm only using black ATM). And they look really amateur and tacky, which is great. :)

Anyway, I bloody hate bloody velcro.