Why become a member? ×

Overwater....... IS NOW SOLD

The Shrek

[quote name='The Shrek' post='625382' date='Oct 13 2009, 07:28 PM']If I am correct The bass that caught my eye and started me thinking bout changing used to belong to yourself. It's a GB Spitfire prototype. I should have been here earlier man!
I would give my life to own a new Spitfire but there's no way i can afford it![/quote]

Twas indeed.

The current owner is trying to move it on at the moment. Might be worth contacting him to see if you can strike a deal of some sort?

This is his Sale/Trade thread:

[url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=61982"]GoodfellowPrototype[/url]

Hope it works out for you. :)

[quote name='The Shrek' post='625795' date='Oct 14 2009, 10:37 AM']Thanks for the honesty guys, I am surprised normally if you make a mistake in pricing, someone has ripped you off before you find out.

I always knew that bass players were the salt of the earth, the good guys, the dependable ones, the intelligent ones, the best looking ones, the coolest ones .....etc etc etc![/quote]

That's us salt o' the Earth.

I'd have thought 700-800 if this was a bolt on Perception Std Deluxe 5 but a thru neck Progress must be £950 - 1000+ ish.

[quote name='Beneath It All' post='628316' date='Oct 16 2009, 09:30 PM']Well,some guy on the ship I'm on at the mo,bought a very similar model on the 'Bay for £700,so I guess it's all a matter of timing[/quote]

You can get lucky on the bay with slighlty off the beaten track basses like Overwaters - I di with mine.

Moral is don't sell stuff like this on the bay you'll get (below) bottom dollar.....