Why become a member? ×

People who don't turn up to auditions

Steve_nottm

I've only auditioned twice in the last year or so in Nottingham.

First one was just a chat, with the intent of a practice later. Guys seemed sound, if a little rough... I said 'I can make more or less any day after 5pm provided you give me sufficient notice, just don't tell me on the day or the day before'. I then received two or three texts in the following weeks attempting to arrange a practice for... the day they texted or the day after. Useless.

Second one I actually had two auditions (which I travelled to Mansfield for), one to play at, then another for backing vocals. They particularly liked my vocals, and we all got on really well. I even shared my woes from the last audition, and they all agreed it wasn't cool to not get back to someone who'd made the effort to turn up for an audition... it's now about 8 months later and I've heard nothing more. Infuriating...

And yes, it is Nottingham musicians who are crap.

Mark

Well I went to audition with a nottingham band who got back to me the day after to say they'd let me know in a month or two, then a month later they asked me to do it. I decided it was too far to travel, but it was an organised decent polite band in nottingham.

We had one singer who had SIX weeks to learn 6 songs, he rang a week before the audition to make sure it was still on and kept saying how he really really wanted to be in a band.
The night in question, did he turn up? Did he f***!! The W@&ker
And what is it with guitards, they all make out they'r dead good, and when we start to play they are bloody rubbish!!
O well, keep smiling :) :rolleyes:

Edited by hitchy64