Why become a member? ×

Hi from Salford

waldemar

Hi all.

A great find. Have really enjoyed leafing through some of the posts up here. Some great gear and good banter. Lovely.

Have been playing for 19-odd (!) years. Yep. I'm still learning...

Currently I own:

1. Fernandez 4 string (hmm, around 16 years old) - a great bass, fast and light.
2. Aria Pro 2 SLB2A 4 string. Currently in pieces, had it de-fretted years ago at the Bass Place (a fabulous store that used to be on Birmingham's Queensway - I think they merged with Exchanges down at Snow Hill eventually...) Now in need of a re-build/spray and new pups, but if i remember correctly this was a great bass to play. Can't wait to fix it.
3. Ibanez Soundgear GSR205 5 string - nice, but pretty much unused... That low D confuses the hell outa me! I'm hoping to sell this on, so will probably list it in the 'For Sale' section at some point.

+ 2 combos:

1. Laney Linebacker 30W practice.
2. Laney DP15010 150W 4x10" gigging combo. Nowadays I want something a bit rounder sounding, so this too will probably end up in the classifieds...

After years (well over 10) of not being in a band/playing live I've recently started playing with a drummer I met through work and an amazing guitarist we bumped into in the Crescent. We're slowly getting it together and played our first gig at last Sundays 'Salford Salutes Dylan' - a superb event. There's a vid up [url="http://www.salfordonline.com/musicnews_page/15772-salford_salutes_dylan_live_from_the_kings_arms.html"]here[/url] of us playing our rendition of All Along the Watchtower - go easy on me, we only rehearsed it a couple of times and once 'the fear' set in I thought it prudent to stick to just the three notes...! Hehe.

Anyway. Great to be here. Looking forward to seeking out some much needed advice on various bits and pieces.

Cheers.