Why become a member? ×

Cheap precision project finished

blazer3

This is my first refin project and im quite chuffed with it.
This was given to me a few weeks ago in a terrible state, it was black ( brushed on i think ) and was full of scratches, the action was so high you could have drove a bus under it, the electrics and pickups were shot to hell and the all maple neck was pretty grubby to say the least.
Off came the black and on went the blue ( rustic blue ), in went some new budget pickups and new cts pots etc, maple neck cleaned up just fine, sorted out the action, i"m not to bothered about a really low action as long as the bass was playable, still needs a tweak here and there but all in all a nice little bass that cost a grand total of £36.77p.
Last but not least, a HUGE thanks to DAVE_BASS5 for supplying the strings and to the other guys who helped me sort out that hideous action.
Hope you like it.

Bad news im afraid.
I"ve just sussed out the neck is warped and twisted so i"ve a spare fretless neck i"m gonna put on it, gutted to say the least, as it is it plays and sounds great up to the 16th fret then after that its unplayable :) .

I"ve never played fretless before but i suppose this is a good chance as any.

gutted really as i really loved the maple look against the blue body