Why become a member? ×

Aerodyne Double Act

rhino

[attachment=33886:aerodyne...sses_007.jpg]I've had my aerodyne jazz for some years now and wouldn't exchange it for anything.
My first serious bass was a 1962 Jazz which I bought in 1965 not knowing how much an appreciating asset it would turn out to be.
I swapped it for a Gibson EB2 in 1969 - no comment.

I have been looking for a fretless bass for quite a while and a fellow bass player, Mr Bassman, suggested that I look out for another fretted bass and have it de-fretted ?
So I did, found one in Manchester, a slightly later model with the "strat" type jack socket, but otherwise identical.
A friend undertook the "defret" , the result being a bass which feels like my original bass but with a "fretless" sound.
I have attached pictures, not brilliant, but clearly showing the difference between "frets" and "fretless"

Rhino.

I remember your fretted version very well from the bash. Smooth as silk to play.

I think what you've done's an excellent option if you can find something that feels as natural as your existing bass , which you have.

So pleasing when experiments work out - there's always a worry that they won't. Well done , fella.

[quote name='yorick' post='614636' date='Oct 2 2009, 11:22 AM']I like Aerodynes.... Pity i haven't got one though.... I have my stealth Sandberg JJ though.[/quote]

Are you the Insp.Clouseau of the bass world ?
Does your bass sneak up on you (stealthily), and attempt to gain your submission into playing anything it so desires ?

If so, read a book titled "How To Wrestle Poodles - and Win !" It may help.

Rhino.