Why become a member? ×

Squire Jazz Pickup Replacement

makatak

There seems to be a lot of opinions on replacing pickups in Squire Jazz basses . The problem ive found is nobody seems to mention the fact that Squires have the same width neck and bridge pups , do I have to rout out the body/pickguard to accommodate the wider bridge pickup or is there a same dimension neck/bridge pickup appropriate for Squires ? Thanks in advance .

Some work will be needed to accomodate the 2 sizes of replacement pickups but you may find one of them slots in OK and the other should require minimum adjustments. The only other pickups that are equi-sized that I know of can be found on early Mex Jazzes - so not much of an improvement in quality there. I do have a pair of those little tinkers if you want to give them a go at £10 + postage.

I purchased a set of wizards for my squier vmj, they went in with no alterations required Although I did put them in the wrong way first up and wondered why the pickguard wouldn't go back on. Was about to set about it with a file, when fortunately I realised my mistake.