Why become a member? ×

Drum hire around Surrey/Hampshire?

Linus27

I'd be inclined to have a look in the small ads or ebay for the shittiest, most embasrassing kit imaginable. It's shame because I actually had such a piece of junk sitting in my garage but took it to the tip before we moved house.

Once your drummer has suffered the indignity of performing with such a kit, you can do what you like to it.

P.S. Your bandmates sounds like utter arses. Leave.

This stuff really annoys me when I think of the grief I was given when I started off playing in bands as I didnt drive and had to get my bass amp to gigs by myself. Their attitude was its your gear so you bring it so I took trains ,taxis , walked whatever just to get my gear to gigs , a little harsh maybe but it did teach me a lesson. It sound like your drummer hasnt learnt this lesson yet and perhaps it might be an idea to let him organise this hire himself and if he turns up without a kit then its his problem and not yours. In the long term of course it sounds like you have are only going to get frustrated with these guys so its probably time to either start making ultimatums or if thats not suitable then just quit and look for another band before they annoy you more. From what I've heard of you on you tube it should be easy enough for you to get into another band

[quote name='thunderbird13' post='613692' date='Oct 1 2009, 11:31 AM']This stuff really annoys me when I think of the grief I was given when I started off playing in bands as I didnt drive and had to get my bass amp to gigs by myself. Their attitude was its your gear so you bring it so I took trains ,taxis , walked whatever just to get my gear to gigs , a little harsh maybe but it did teach me a lesson. It sound like your drummer hasnt learnt this lesson yet and perhaps it might be an idea to let him organise this hire himself and if he turns up without a kit then its his problem and not yours. In the long term of course it sounds like you have are only going to get frustrated with these guys so its probably time to either start making ultimatums or if thats not suitable then just quit and look for another band before they annoy you more. From what I've heard of you on you tube it should be easy enough for you to get into another band[/quote]

Hey thanks you for the nice youtube comment. The sad thing is, the songs are good and I have written some of my best bass lines ever. Still, I'm not worried because I know I can still do it so I will just do that with any new band I join.

Yes its very frustrating about the commitment side. They really questioned me about being available for gigs and rehearsals etc and I had to jiggle a few things around to make it happen and yet they are the ones not commited.

The way I am feeling at the moment, I am tempted to call it quits after Fridays gig.