Why become a member? ×

Peavey Valve pre amp

krispn

Great tube pre-amp that will give you some meaty classic tones in a 1U space

The TG and TB are designed for guitar and bass respectively but a quick look at the peavey manuals for both will show they are identical in what they offer for tone shaping and switches . These units provide a really tone that can be tweaked to you exact liking

There is pre gain and 3 band eq and also post gain with another 3 band eq shaping offering a lot of tweaking for all you tone hounds out there :)

In great condition with standard peavey tubes which have been well received ...see link further down.

Features low and hig inputs and low and high outputs. a gain boost, thick and bright swicth.

This one has also been modded with an external switch jack added in the rear which so a 2 button foot switch will control the thick and gain switchs. However if you dont use this jack the switchs on the front panel are un affected.

I dont have a foot switch as I normally leave these set in the one position.

These don't come up often but they are a very versatile piece of kit. Peavey is built to last and this thing has seen many gigs - if its reliability and a great tube tone your after then this is the kit for you! Pic to follow this evening.

Check the link below where they give links to the manual, harmony central and discuss the difference between the two units and list schematics to mod the unit.

[url="http://forums.vintageamps.com/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=79932&start=0"]http://forums.vintageamps.com/viewtopic.ph...932&start=0[/url]

This is lifted straight from a Harmony Central post....

"Most people may not realize this, but the TB Raxx and TG Raxx units are one in the same! Peavey maximized their R&D and production costs by producing a single preamp they coulod market to both bass and guitar players without alteration. The only difference between the TB and TG units are the labels painted on the front panel! Read the schematics...they are identical! When used with guitar you can get very, very close to a Fender clean tone. Moreso than any other preamp I've found, including various Mesa Boogies. Cranking the gain get's in Marshall JCM900 territory, with slightly less gain. I use a Blues Driver in front of it and it sounds awesome! The EQ sections are both very responsive.

This unit really shines when used a bass preamp. You can dial in a full, clean tone and add just enough distortion to help you cut through, like a Geddy Lee, slight distortion or crank it up like RATM or Faith No more. These are really awesome, versatile units especially if you play both bass and guitar like I do.

Any Questions?

Edited by krispn

How much you looking for this?

Could I run this in front of my ashdown mag300 combo for some valve overdrive and just turn the EQ off thats on the ashdown.

Edit: Or could I possibly run it in the effects loop. I don't know a great deal about pre amps and such.

Edited by badgerific

Yeah you can stick it in an effects loop - thats what I've been doing with my SVP pro - bring it to the practice room I use and it bypasses the sh*tty eq in the amps that the rooms have.

It would do the same - most bass amps especially have a pre amp in and thats where I would run it.

Its my guitar player thats selling it and he wants £125 and will ship to the UK

Thanks for getting in touch

• 2 weeks later...