Why become a member? ×

Comfort Strapp with Dunlop Straplocks

TheBlueFalcon

Does anyone use these together on their bass? I've been advised that I probably wouldn't need both together, as the Comfort Strapps have two holes at each end to go over the buttons, which is usually secure enough. Should I just buy some bigger buttons or still go with the Straplocks?

When I get my new bass I'm going put a cheap strap on it, get it sitting where I want it and and then meaure the length, to work out which size Comfort Strapp to buy. I've noticed that a few people have been caught out on the length, because of the design of the Comfort Strapp. So, I wondered roughly how much extra I need to allow for?

Any help would be great.

Edited by TheBlueFalcon

I bought a comfort strapp with Dunlop straplocks on for my 'Ray a month or so ago. You don't really need both, and in reality, it's a bit of a struggle to get the straplocks onto the strap. I've since bought another comfort strapp for a different bass, and didn't bother getting straplocks, and the strap on its own seems secure enough...

Mark.

What you can do, at least with Schallers and I see no reason Dunlop won't work too, is to fit the lock to the inner hole, put the outer hole over the string 1st and then place the straplock on. That way it all fits together neatly and if the lock fails there's a chance the outer hole will prevent a dive to the floor.

[quote name='GreeneKing' post='609811' date='Sep 27 2009, 08:46 AM']What you can do, at least with Schallers and I see no reason Dunlop won't work too, is to fit the lock to the inner hole, put the outer hole over the string 1st and then place the straplock on. That way it all fits together neatly and if the lock fails there's a chance the outer hole will prevent a dive to the floor.[/quote]

This is what I was thinking about doing, as I only have one bass and the strap will most likely stay on it permanently.

It would have been nice to get a Straplock in a finish the same as the Cosmo Black on my Ibanez, but it's proving difficult to get one.

[quote name='GreeneKing' post='609811' date='Sep 27 2009, 08:46 AM']What you can do, at least with Schallers and I see no reason Dunlop won't work too, is to fit the lock to the inner hole, put the outer hole over the string 1st and then place the straplock on. That way it all fits together neatly and if the lock fails there's a chance the outer hole will prevent a dive to the floor.[/quote]
+1