Why become a member? ×

SOLD Marshall 4x12 VBC 400w cab

mxm

Hi - have already posted this in Basses for sale, anyway....

[b]Marshall 4x12 VBC 400w cab[/b] - well gigged, was bought as a back up and has been customised with stencils ala Bruce Foxtons' Jam cabs circa 1980 !!!

And yes, I know theres a bit of a difference between a 1980 and circa 2000 cab !!!! Stencils will come off with a bit of a polish ! - £100 or offers...

Ta ! Matthew

Edited by mxm

Hi,

Whatta ya mean 'little set-up' ??!!! You tried lifting an ampeg svt300 up in a hurry ??!! Lol. Yes, the cab can handle 400w at 4/8 ohms, in this instance it was 300w (and a deafening 300w at 4 ohms).

I used that particular set up for about 5 gigs last year (mainly pubs/clubs) with a 3 piece hendrix-style tribute. To be honest it was frighteningly aggressive fender pbass rock - it really did valves justice. I also did a few rehearsals with another band, and the ebs shone using a crown xls power amp.

Eventually (5 gigs later) I bought an Ampeg SVT pre amp and the EBS was history!!! I occasionally do these mad things....

The Marshall 4x12 is an excellent bit of kit - whatever I've played throught it - it's always sounded excellent (GK's, SVT's Hartkes', Eden's, Line6's).

Matthew

Edited by mxm

Hi's....

PM replied to !

It's still for sale - I'm close to Chester/N Wales border.

As for speakers - I assume they're stock Marshall/Celestions ??? (I've never opened cab up) - can't see them listed on marshall website anymore.

Matthew