Why become a member? ×

Anyone know where I can get a footswitch?

waynepunkdude

Actually Im not sure now, I misread your original post, sorry.
If you had 2 footswitch inputs controlling 2 effects you would have 2 mono sockets and you could turn those on an off with the two buttons on the behringers switch which is a tad over £20.
If there are 4 effects they must be stereo sockets so you would need two 2 button footswitches with stereo jack plugs, something like this
[url="http://www.gear4music.com/Guitar-and-Bass/Laney-FS-2-Dual-Function-Footswitch/72G"]http://www.gear4music.com/Guitar-and-Bass/...-Footswitch/72G[/url]
I dont know if the ampeg needs latching or momentary contacts Non-latch mode momentarily engages the switch while you hold down the pedal, Latch mode changes the on/off status each time you press the pedal
Have you asked ampeg ?

Hi Wayne,

(This is based on what I did with my SVT4 btw but I see no reason to assume it would be any different with an SVT5)

The Ampeg pedals are ridiculously expensive and operate in the same way as Marshall pedals, which are just as hard wearing, but cost a fraction. If i read your post correctly then you have two input jacks in to the SVT5, so what you are looking for is 2 x 2 pedal latching footswitches.

ie. two of these:

[attachment=33054:225650.jpg]

Nick

[quote name='coasterbass' post='602019' date='Sep 18 2009, 10:00 AM']Hi Wayne,

(This is based on what I did with my SVT4 btw but I see no reason to assume it would be any different with an SVT5)

The Ampeg pedals are ridiculously expensive and operate in the same way as Marshall pedals, which are just as hard wearing, but cost a fraction. If i read your post correctly then you have two input jacks in to the SVT5, so what you are looking for is 2 x 2 pedal latching footswitches.

ie. two of these:

[attachment=33054:225650.jpg]

Nick[/quote]

Would this do the same job?

[url="http://www.gear4music.com/Guitar-and-Bass/Laney-FS-2-Dual-Function-Footswitch/72G"]http://www.gear4music.com/Guitar-and-Bass/...-Footswitch/72G[/url]

Cheers

Should do.

The only thing that matters on those pedals is whether the ring or the core (non technical terms) of the jack is positive/negative. In the worst instance it will default to 'on' rather than 'off' and the LED's will be the opposite to normal, but it should still work.
Think I ended up taking my amp to the store just to check it.

I'll have a root around in the shed over the weekend to see if I can find my marshall pedal. If i can find it you can have it as I don't have the SVT4 these days.

[quote name='coasterbass' post='602204' date='Sep 18 2009, 01:37 PM']Should do.

The only thing that matters on those pedals is whether the ring or the core (non technical terms) of the jack is positive/negative. In the worst instance it will default to 'on' rather than 'off' and the LED's will be the opposite to normal, but it should still work.
Think I ended up taking my amp to the store just to check it.

I'll have a root around in the shed over the weekend to see if I can find my marshall pedal. If i can find it you can have it as I don't have the SVT4 these days.[/quote]

That would be fantastic mate, TBH I think I only need one as I won't use the OD channel.