Why become a member? ×

Laney RB9 head and Hartke 410tp cab

noisedude

Right then, time to clear some space in my living room! These two would make a great first gigging setup for someone, before I was a teacher I sold guitars and had chance to try out everything in this price range and these were my favourites. They'd also make a good backup rig because they're light and lightly used!

The Laney RB9 head is a great little head, all different sounds possible, nice and punchy with the compressor on and the preamp pushed a little bit. Sounds great with a low-mid boost on the graphic EQ. Used for a handful of gigs, never used for home practice. You can see how little it's been switched on because the fan has no dust on it. Never thrashed. Had it since new and has spent 98% of its life sat in my front room. [b]£120 ovno plus P&P[/b] or can you can pick up or we can meet somewhere within a sensible range.

The Hartke 410tp cab has been used literally about half a dozen times in total because I always try to borrow someone else's cab at gigs. Never thrashed. I always liked the sound of this - not too bright, plenty loud enough, I was always complimented on my tone by other bassists when I used this cab with the head. It's surprisingly light for a 4x10 and fits in the boot of a Fiesta. Had it since new and has spent 99.5% of its life sat in my front room. [b]£90 ovno plus P&P[/b] or pick up/meet as with the head. I can ship it, have lots of cardboard saved for a rainy day, but it obviously is going to add a few quid.

[b]If you want the both - £200 the pair and I'll chuck in a speak cable to connect them up - saving about £20 over separate.
[/b]
These both come from a smoke-free home, and nowadays obviously the venues are smoke-free too! The photos were taken in low light so I had to take them in such a way that it's made them look dustier than they are :rolleyes: - I can promise that none of the carpets have gone furry and don't look much different from when they were new!

PMs welcome - check my feedback threads - I am a real person and have met many Basschatters in real life! :)

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='Geek99' post='611186' date='Sep 28 2009, 08:02 PM']might be interested - my amp wont connect to anything less than 4ohms - will it work with this cabinet ?

apparently this cab does 300w at 8 ohms.[/quote]
Yeah it'll be fine - the vast majority of cabs are 8 ohms, you have to have a specific plan to go out of your way to find something that comes in a 4 or 16 ohm version.

[Unnecessary extra info - If you connect two 8 ohm cabs in parallel (using the two jacks on the cab rather than the two on your amp, usually) you can bring the overall impedance down to 4 ohms to make your amp kick out some more power, though there are pros and cons to that too. There's a really good thread about it somewhere else on this site.]

Hi guys, sorry I haven't updated the thread. The cab is sold pending the usual and there is actually a queue of people who want it if it doesn't go through as planned!

Looks like I made another pricing error, like the time I let a nice Hamer for for about half of what it was worth because I didn't think there were that many 6-stringers on this site ..... :)