Why become a member? ×

Hihi!

Maark

Harro thar!

Total beginner here, had my bass about two weeks now and am looking to focus on it as my main instrument, having finally decided to take a long break from the drums after 5 full years of non-improvement.

So yah, I shall be looking to get a lot better on the beast of linguine!

[quote name='paul, the' post='63276' date='Sep 20 2007, 07:23 PM']You're drumming will only make you stronger. A couple on here methinks, excellent sense of rhythm and timing.
Anywho, welcome to Basschat![/quote]

Oooh, from Weymouth as well you are eh?

Big up the Dorset. XD

Do you play in any local bands?

I had a go at the college lark at Budmouth Sixth Form for a while and managed to royally bollax that up.

I've applied to join the army, hopefully going into nursing. It'll be weird; the longest I've been without playing a bass is about 6 days. Maybe I'll find a piano somewhere to keep my dulcet dwellings satisfied.

Hows about you? I hope my shadows left weymouth at 19.

[quote name='Maark' post='63818' date='Sep 21 2007, 08:25 PM']I'm off to portsmouth uni on thursday, yay!

Hmmm, did you go to Budmouth school? Perchance you know a bassist by the name of Ben? Or maybe the eponymous, evil Hoof?[/quote]

Cool!

Yea, I went to Budmouth. I knew a few bassists in the year above. Ben doesn't ring a bell though. Evil Hoof is an awesome name to go by though :) . I've a 'the' in my handle for similar grandiose effect.

Best of luck with the bassin Mark, you'll find loads of folk to gig with once you get to Uni. Exciting times, these.

po,

paul.

[quote name='Maark' post='63827' date='Sep 21 2007, 08:54 PM']Hmmm, only thing I can think of is we played Budstock 2006 and I ended up with about 5 13 year old stalkers 'cause I took my top off mid-set. Oh poop.

And thanks, I'll probably need all the luck I can get! XD[/quote]

Budstock, I went to one of those. Rage Against The Canteen were playing - Joe on guitar. Could have been '05 though.

I don't think I remember them... We were the only heavy band playing the bill really - played The Trooper, then Symphony of Destruction, then Master of Puppets... Ah, they were the days.

What sort of stuff do you play? I'm still debating fingering or plectrum playing at the moment...

[quote name='Maark' post='63880' date='Sep 21 2007, 11:47 PM']In terms of what I listen to, not really meself... I've never really enjoyed anything more than a good mosh fest! :huh:[/quote]

Kickass! I respect the passion.

Heaviest I've been is classic rock/Brit Blues; Zeppelin, Hendrix, Who and the like. Good times.

I have plenty of battle scars from many a proud mosh though of course :)