Why become a member? ×

FOR SALE: Rickenbacker 4003 JetGlo

The Legoheads

I'm moving to the USA and have to sell some of my guitars to fund the move. The first casualty is my beloved Rickenbacker 4003. From memory it's an early 00s model (#03 19192) and is in good condition. It is 100% original save for the GHS Bass Boomer strings. There are some minor chips around the binding edge at the bridge end of the body as shown below. I'm not sure how these occured as they were on the bass when I bought it. There is also a minor bit of scuffing on the head which has barely removed the paint and a tiny scratch on the rear of the main body. Buckle rash is pretty much non-existant. Please excuse the dust in the pics. Functionally, the bass is sound with no problems whatsoever. As you can see from the photo, it has been gigged and has some minor fretwear. Also comes with original Ric case.

As anyone who is looking for one of these basses knows, they are getting harder to come by and a new one will see a back-order in the region of 2 years and second-hand examples selling in excess of £1400 (I know, I sold one a couple of years back for that exact amount). Ebay is full of examples with "Buy It Now" prices around this mark.

£1100 ovno

email: [email protected]

I'm located around 15 miles west of Oxford.

Edited by The Legoheads

[quote name='lojo' post='590583' date='Sep 5 2009, 01:00 PM']been looking for a maple off an on for a while, same its not one!

anyway, from the ones I have tracked since looking this price seems spot on for a private sale, you can pay loads more

bump ........[/quote]

Sold a mint Maple Glo a few years back for £1400... I also had a less than perfect one which made around £1000 last year. Still think the Jet-Glo is the best looking 4003... like Fire-Glo is to the 360 and 4005

• 3 weeks later...